First Grow Veg. lmk what you think!

PotStoner

Well here is my first grow. I have 5 plants.
- 2 Blueberry x master plants
- and 3 randoms haha

I had spider mites in the first 4 weeks but I have managed to get rid of them using neem oil.
I am using CFL for Veg at the moment. 4x 4ft 84watt grow lights with blue spectrum. 18/6 atm
For my nutrients I am using Foxfarm entire feeding line, except for the potting soil.

Here's a pic of my progress..

Picture018.jpg

Low Stress Training.... you should look into it. I tried looking for a thread that could help you but i didnt find any, im pretty sure someone a lil bit more experience can tell you what it is better

Looking VERY good, I'd say! Good job dude. Just one minor question/concern, the photo with the fan in back appears to also have a thermostat on it, reading 81 degrees. If that is the temp, then if you could get it a few more degrees lower, you would see a difference in the growth rate during veg. Don't get me wrong, your temp is OK, but I like 75 if at all possible during veg. Don't know where you have your garden - closet, attic, basement, etc., but maybe just 1 more exhaust fan and you would be there.
Looking real good for a 1st grow though, and welcome. The folks here are great, always more than willing to put the collective brain trust to work on your particular problem and make you the best gardener that you can be.

Yeah i like the fans too. Where did ya pick them up n for how much? Or at least what company made them.
They are looking good, i love using floros for veg clf or traditional floros.
LST is low stress training. Basicly you want to train your plant to grow at an angle enticing teh lower branches to grow into big strong colas too.
Just start to tie the top of the plant over twards the rim of the pot using string. Move it more and more every few days being carefull not to snap them. Slowly they will want to grow in this pattern. With some practice ive seen some ppl make a plant grow completely around the rim of a pot.
LST is also a great way to increase your yeild while limiting the height of your plants. Hope this info helps, PEACE

Looking VERY good, I'd say! Good job dude. Just one minor question/concern, the photo with the fan in back appears to also have a thermostat on it, reading 81 degrees. If that is the temp, then if you could get it a few more degrees lower, you would see a difference in the growth rate during veg. Don't get me wrong, your temp is OK, but I like 75 if at all possible during veg. Don't know where you have your garden - closet, attic, basement, etc., but maybe just 1 more exhaust fan and you would be there.
Looking real good for a 1st grow though, and welcome. The folks here are great, always more than willing to put the collective brain trust to work on your particular problem and make you the best gardener that you can be.

For the most part the temp never goes under 74 or over 79 degrees. But I am doing it in my closet. Sometimes it will hit 81 or something but not offten

Yeah i like the fans too. Where did ya pick them up n for how much? Or at least what company made them.
They are looking good, i love using floros for veg clf or traditional floros.
LST is low stress training. Basicly you want to train your plant to grow at an angle enticing teh lower branches to grow into big strong colas too.
Just start to tie the top of the plant over twards the rim of the pot using string. Move it more and more every few days being carefull not to snap them. Slowly they will want to grow in this pattern. With some practice ive seen some ppl make a plant grow completely around the rim of a pot.
LST is also a great way to increase your yeild while limiting the height of your plants. Hope this info helps, PEACE

Yeah i figured out how to lst my plant Thank you. And i got the fan from home depot for 60 bucks. Its really convenient with the temperature gage and all

The plants have grown pretty well over the last few days. There loving the nutes i am feeding them so i should have update pictures up if peeps are interested in my progress

Back
Top Bottom