First hermaphrodite?

bludmangrow

Hey guys!

I have just finished a cycle of 3 plants, beautiful buds, I was super happy with how they came out. Hard, tricome filled buds.

Today, I was weighing them and when when putting the flowers back into the yar, noticed a seed on the scale. Upon closer inspection I find even more.

I am scratching my head wondering how I did not find any during the growing period or when trimming the buds.. I am also wondering how this can be. I was growing 3 autoflowering seeds from 2fast4buds with 20/4 light schedule, minor light polution during dark hours - should not affect autoflowers??

This is the first time this has happened to me, and I would love to find out what has gone wrong, what I can improve for this not to happen in the future.

I am thinking hermphrodite since all 3 plants always looked like female plants with developing buds. Does male flower look similar? I know to search for sacks / pistils(?) but I might have been sloppy with that for this grow.

Please help a brother out!

Hey guys!

I have just finished a cycle of 3 plants, beautiful buds, I was super happy with how they came out. Hard, tricome filled buds.

Today, I was weighing them and when when putting the flowers back into the yar, noticed a seed on the scale. Upon closer inspection I find even more.

I am scratching my head wondering how I did not find any during the growing period or when trimming the buds.. I am also wondering how this can be. I was growing 3 autoflowering seeds from 2fast4buds with 20/4 light schedule, minor light polution during dark hours - should not affect autoflowers??

This is the first time this has happened to me, and I would love to find out what has gone wrong, what I can improve for this not to happen in the future.

I am thinking hermphrodite since all 3 plants always looked like female plants with developing buds. Does male flower look similar? I know to search for sacks / pistils(?) but I might have been sloppy with that for this grow.

Please help a brother out!

I have stressed a few fems and made them pop out nanners which produced seeds.
Many times if im honest it happens strains genentics even leaving a lady to long can cause this.
Would not of thought it was male being an auto.Be happy may be someone will chime in as i dont
grow autos but seeds from a auto would that not give you auto seeds hence for you prrob a good thing.

Feminized seeds from an auto pollinated by "nanners" should give you female auto seeds, BUT, there's a good chance that, although female, the seeds will have a tendency to produce nanners, depending on whether the nanners were genetic or stress induced. Probably get differing view on whether to use those seeds, I, personally, would not. If it was caused by a true hermaphrodite, then any seeds produced are likely to carry the hermie trait and could produce male, female, or hermie plants. Best to remove those from the gene pool. Google "Nanner pictures on Cannabis plants" to see what they look like, very hard to spot sometimes.

below copied from OP’s paragraph 3

hold the presses….as always I‘m happy to be corrected but as far as I know if you are growing indoors…. then lights out time should pitch dark… no glowing red indicator lights on your power strips, no light creeping under the door… nothing, nada, zip… unless it’s green light. That they can handle

I dont grow outdoors yet but from what I’ve studied outdoor plants seem to be able to handle a little bit of light pollution…guess wide open spaces diffuse a little bit of light enough that it will still fly.

Thank guys for your replies! It is my first time in 5 years growing I have ever had this problem. I had a taste today in the dry herb vaporizer and it is still very nice smoke. I dont find that many seeds unless they are hiding deep, also only found on one of the plants... it seems :O

I have heard that autoflowers can be grown with 24h of light and why I havent really bothered with complete pitch black during light off period. Anyone know what is true?

...I was weighing them and when when putting the flowers back into the yar, noticed a seed on the scale. Upon closer inspection I find even more.

If your auto-flower is like my photo-periods then it started to throw out a few male flowers as a last ditch survival mechanism. Not all plants will do this and if harvested early the chance of seeds in next to zero.

I will find one male flower that opens into 4 bananas. They usually in the very lowest part of the plant, at the bottom of the canopy. They can be hard to see most of the time.They rarely produce seeds for me. To find them while the plant is still in the tent I have to look for the yellow banana and not for the ball since the ball part is tucked into the bud. They tend to start showing up around week 7 of flowering. If my photo-period plant is left in the tent till week 11 or 12 the male flowers will start to show in buds closer to the top and I will find occasional seeds.

And often the bananas will often fall off after awhile making it even harder to figure out what is going on.

Back
Top Bottom