First ScrOG - Advice & Opinions Welcome

Mr Riley

Hey up.

I had another grow journal on here but didn't keep at it as I thought my girls aren't going to last.
Out of 10 seed I managed not to fuck up 2. So far so good.... Not.
Anyway, with a change of game plan I thought I'd veg them for what feels like an eternity and ScrOG them.
2 plants in a m2 is still a m2 right?

I really have learned a few things. Got some more seeds 15 in total. 5 church 10 Himalaya gold. Soaked until they sank 6 hours or so. Then in root riot cubes and a cheap but more than payed for itself propagator and 14 are up in 2 day. But this isn't about them.

I have some pics for you all to look at any questions, ideas, opinions are welcome here.
My reflectors are 2gallon paint pots cut into thirds with Mylar sheet stuck to them. Cost about £10.
Saving about £10-500 if there working. The light does seem brighter by far more focused.

The plants are Big Bang. 6 weeks old. Please someone tell me why these suckers are so short? Internode length between 1/4"-3/4" I want a little more stretch if I can.
Temps about 75f-83f.
Cfls as you can see.
Soil and perlite. Think coir/coco for my seeds.

Fire at will gentleman.

re: First ScrOG - Advice & Opinions Welcome

image1301.jpg
image1302.jpg

image1300.jpg

This was before the scroging.

I just thought it would look a little healthier with abit more space between the nodes. Almost like the gee to the height of the light then stopped.

image1303.jpg

I thought with abit more stretch the ScrOG would work better, I'm worried lopping of the bottom leaves in case I force my plants to herm/change sex/crossdress...

Looking really good to me, if you want a bit of stretch you could raise the light a little. They are nice and bushy, loads of bus sites to be. I think things are doing good for you my friend.

I'm subscribed to your grow and will be following. Thanks for the tips on rooting hormone, could you let me know how your new gel works out?

+ rep!!

What type of CFL are you using? My first grow journal is a 100% cfl grow.

image1303.jpg

I thought with abit more stretch the ScrOG would work better, I'm worried lopping of the bottom leaves in case I force my plants to herm/change sex/crossdress...

You can throw her around a bit in veg mate, wouldn't worry about stressing her with a little pruning. I say a good prune and a tie down, give her a week and see how she rewards you.

Thanks a lot. Perhaps I'm too hung up on what I think they should look like. I did butcher one for clones and I've been shaking ever since, constantly thinking the next time I go in the grow room I'm gunna find a massive pair of balls hanging from her...
Getting the clonex Tuesday, expect to be rooted before the weekend. That's if my "organic root hormone" hasn't ruins my cuttings.
I'm using 38w-150w 2885 lumens cfls. Buy them at b&q £10. Seem to be doing the job, got three of them and three 25w household cfls. Area is 4'-4', so a 1.20 meter sq.

Thanks a lot. Perhaps I'm too hung up on what I think they should look like. I did butcher one for clones and I've been shaking ever since, constantly thinking the next time I go in the grow room I'm gunna find a massive pair of balls hanging from her...
Getting the clonex Tuesday, expect to be rooted before the weekend. That's if my "organic root hormone" hasn't ruins my cuttings.
I'm using 38w-150w 2885 lumens cfls. Buy them at b&q £10. Seem to be doing the job, got three of them and three 25w household cfls. Area is 4'-4', so a 1.20 meter sq.

A first grow is like a first born child. You should have a look in ASDA in the general section can get a 30 watt cfl for £2 and a connector for £1.50.

A general misconception, (I feel anyway) Is that plants will stretch under cfl. If you have enough light, and they are close enough things will be fine.

Amazon do big cfls pretty cheap too. Not sure how much you are willing to sink into your grow, but rest assured mate, those pics look fantastic, only worry when the plant(s) show any signs of stress.

Not sure about preflowers, I've been keeping a close eye on the tiny growth that comes out of the nodes and believe they are the preflowers? Is this right? No balls on the end or mushroom looking things just thin and straight tiny shoots.
I've only used chicken manure, and a little blood and bone, no other nutes.
Trimmed the undercarriage last night so will post pics in abit.

Looking good mr r. I'd second what Mono said - don't worry about being hard on her when she's in veg; you can basically do what you want to her and as long as you keep her in veg and she's got the nutes and light she needs she will grow back.
Once you change to 12/12 she will stretch as Mono said, so having her nice and bushy and compact at this stage is a good thing.

I just did a scrog with a 125w cfl and the quality was good but my yield was disappointing. Light is really important and what I discovered is by spreading the plant out wide in a scrog I got a large number of very small buds, and only the ones directly under the cfl bulb had any density. I think for a scrog it could be worth trying multiple CFL's so all of the screen is directly under a bulb.

If using a single cfl, I think it might be better to let the plant develop its main top and keep this directly under the bulb so all the energy is focused into one large cola with max light, rather than lots of small tops that fall outside the light's footprint - I got a larger yield doing that with an auto, though it was a different strain.

Nice start to the grow mate - reps

image1303.jpg

Before the bikini line trim.
image1310.jpg

After...

Although she still looks bushy down there, I have two shoots that look ideal, so instead of whacking them off I'm LST'ing them to the SCroG canopy....

Thanks for all the good words fellas.
Like I said I'm only using chicken manure and blood, fish and bone. Working with 6 or so CFLs, probably about 175w of actual power/light, home made reflectors...

Think if I can get just one nice smoke out of this, it will really give me the go for the next seeds.
I'm thinking coir/coco, mh/hps 400w, 4'-4' space...thanks for your support

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

Back
Top Bottom