First time and I think I am stunted

Jfizzle

So as my title says I am a newb grower (first time) and I think I stunted my plants. I will give a brief outline of my setup.

Indoor stealth 2'x2'x3.5' with Mylar
2 42 watt day lights and 2 26 watt day lights
Fox farms hydro 3 stage
Coco
Feminized Blueberry gum strain (mostly indica)

Well here is my problem. I am 99% sure I stunted my baby girl with heat. I was in a hurry setting up my box and did not have an adequate thermometer. The one I had read 78 degrees with lights on and 65 lights off. Well I decided to upgrade to a digital "fancier" one I realized it was way off. 96 degrees on 70 off. So quickly I opened up a exhaust vent and added another CPU fan as an intake. I got the temp down to 82 with the lights on. I am waiting on another larger CPU fan and a small 6" fan to help the cooling. I am only about 3 weeks into the veg and my girl actually looks great except she is short 4 " max but the coloring and the leafs look amazing.
Here is my main question with the heat problems now fixed will she be ok? I can leave her in the veg stage longer but am just concerned I might have turned her into a hermie! Also will she now start to grow taller?

Thanks in advance

Fizzle

Re: First time and I think I am stunted.

Prof x thanks for the quick response!

I am using cfl's for the lighting. I actually am planning on throwing in an extra 2 42 watt bulbs in the next day or 2. I am giving my girl fox farms liquid nutrient trio for hydro, i am on week 2. I am growing in a straight coco medium. I was gonna mix 25% vermiculite but decided against it last minute. I am not sure of the cocos ph but the water I am using is 6.5.
Like my extra fans I am waiting on a better ph tester. (Currently using cheap test strips) coming in the mail.
Prof x if my girl is stunted am I doomed, or once everything has been corrected will she continue to grow healthy? Also I am trying to upload pics so maybe someone with more experience can see something I do not.

Thanks again for the help.

Fizzle

What's up Fizzle-dance?

Sub'd. I'm about 20 days into my first grow so I amNOT an expert in anyway and expect that you would take what I have to say with a grain of salt. However, based on the veritable shit-ton of reading I have done in the preceding months before I started my grow, She'll probably be just fine. Everyone I've talked to and everything I've read points to these plants being very resilient. It may take a couple of days maybe a week for her to recover, but I think she'll be ok.

Two of my plants I have already put through the ringer. I have a seedling I completely kinked at the bottom of it's stem, and then the next day I kinked it again and again. The next day she was holding herself up just fine and I dropped one of my other plants on her kinking her again, this time breaking her a little, not all the way through, but enough to make a noob cringe. Supported it with a bread tie, and stopped kinking it and she's doing really great. The other was a seedling I spilled and saw literally every nit of this tiny plant, threw her back into the dirt as fast as possible, couple drops of clone-x and some water, couple days later she's got new growth and standing straight up.

From what I've read you can veg pretty much indefinitely, and if you stress them out you should veg them a littler longer if you want to make up for any damage cause.

There is a grower on this forum called LightAddict. His shit is tight and he abuses the shit out of his ladies. Check out his journal on Fluxing. Badass shit, albeit a little scary lol.

Again, I am no expert. Just done a lot of research and beat up a couple of plants already and they seem fine. Just smoke a bowl and chill. Talk sweet to her and she'll come around.

Good luck buddy! :goodluck: I'll be following along

SweetLeef

Also, Welcome to :420:

It's a pretty great place with some really great people who are very knowledgeable. There are many things one can learn here!

Have a green day Fizzle!

hey there Fizzle,

they will be fine, just keep in mind the basics and remember, your plants will tell you what they need, if they are looking good, they are ok.
they will continue to grow a few days after you have corrected any problem that might be stunting them.

post some pics mate :)

Back
Top Bottom