First time grow - Leaves doing strange things

B1ackbeard

So this is my first grow and so everything up to this point has been a learning experience. So onto my issue. Starting out in the 2 week i believe, as i bought the clones when they were about a week old already maybe more, the lower leaves where dying from the tips in. im now on week 4 i believe and the same thing is happening still but on newer growth. refer to the pictures to undertstand what im talking about. My current routine: Nutrients with water once a week(Now twice a week as im thinking that might not be enough). Watering every other day(also thinking of switching this to every 3 days as i noticed a little black tiny fly like thing fly out the tent and i know that soil that is too wet can cause these things to pop up.i have the 300w led light about 15inches from plants right now, good venting and air circulation. always correct ph water and temps 75-82, humidity 45-55. i have trimmed the lower half of leafs and branches as i know they are not really needed and that will help the plant focus more on the top half.
image38137.JPG
image110103.JPG
image210080.JPG

So this is my first grow and so everything up to this point has been a learning experience. So onto my issue. Starting out in the 2 week i believe, as i bought the clones when they were about a week old already maybe more, the lower leaves where dying from the tips in. im now on week 4 i believe and the same thing is happening still but on newer growth. refer to the pictures to undertstand what im talking about. My current routine: Nutrients with water once a week(Now twice a week as im thinking that might not be enough). Watering every other day(also thinking of switching this to every 3 days as i noticed a little black tiny fly like thing fly out the tent and i know that soil that is too wet can cause these things to pop up.i have the 300w led light about 15inches from plants right now, good venting and air circulation. always correct ph water and temps 75-82, humidity 45-55. i have trimmed the lower half of leafs and branches as i know they are not really needed and that will help the plant focus more on the top half.
image38137.JPG
image110103.JPG
image210080.JPG

Cal mag?

im using advanced nutrients 3 part system which has a micro,grow,and bloom with the foxfarm ocean forest soil mix, would cal mag be a issue in regards to these?

im using advanced nutrients 3 part system which has a micro,grow,and bloom with the foxfarm ocean forest soil mix, would cal mag be a issue in regards to these?
I would double check ph I don't trust that stuff so many horrible stories, that people thought ph was good and was way off remember how can your nutes know if its in soil 6.0 to 7.0 or hydro 5.5 to 6.5

Looks like a ph problem but could be cal-mag I think it would be more spotty tho to start when I flush I use non ph water in 3 watering I have leaves crumbling off

im using this ph tester. General Hydroponics PH Test Kit, 1-Ounce

1666405017654.png

and it always come out to would looks to be 6.5 based on the color. but i only test the water and nutrients going in, never tested the run off yet. would that be worth checking?

Back
Top Bottom