First time grower help

wastedgemini

hi im a first time grower and havnt got a clue what im doing. iv read everything i can about growin but theres so many people saying do this and another sayin not to. all i want is a list of what i need in my grow space(1m L-1m B-2m H) and how to care for them. cos i think i fucked up my first 1 badly :(

Re: First time grower help :(

hi im a first time grower and havnt got a clue what im doing. iv read everything i can about growin but theres so many people saying do this and another sayin not to. all i want is a list of what i need in my grow space(1m L-1m B-2m H) and how to care for them. cos i think i fucked up my first 1 badly :(

No, you haven't read enough. Go back and read some more.

Make your own list (you can get most of it from the journals here). The come back and ask what you need to flush it out.

Then go back and read some more.

ok how much do i feed them? whats the best light for a small space? will the plant recover if it gets burn by the light as a seedling? and what is the best hight to start them flowering at?

ok how much do i feed them? whats the best light for a small space? will the plant recover if it gets burn by the light as a seedling? and what is the best hight to start them flowering at?

When to feed?

I'm assuming you are going to grow with soil? if so, you will have to feed when soil is dead dry, you need to keep soil moist but not soaked or your roots will rott. to know when to feed just stick your finger an inch into soil.. if soil is dry then you have to water... if soil is moist then leave it be.

Best light would be answered with how many plants your growing.. for example, if your growing 4 plants then you would need atleast 400 watts of light to cover a 2 by 4 space.

best height to start flowering would be atleast 2 feet.

thanks also what is the best soil e.g a grow bag or one without added nutrients and should gravel be added to the bottom of the pots for drainage? :thanks:

thanks also what is the best soil e.g a grow bag or one without added nutrients and should gravel be added to the bottom of the pots for drainage? :thanks:

Soil is a personal preference. I recently choose a mix of Fox Farms Ocean Forest and Sunshine ADV #4 and Perlite mixed in equal 1/3 parts.

You shouldn't need to put gravel in the bottom of the pots as pre-mixed soils are light and airy and provide good drainage on their own.

It sounds like you want easy from your first post. So as far as nute's go. I would try Osmocote plus as your base and go from there. Thats what i'm doing.

As far as lights go. If you have a small box. Your gonna struggle with temps, so I would consider CFLS.

When to switch to flower is also dependent on your box height and size of pots. Rule of thumb is that the plant will stretch 1 to 2 times in size when flipped to flower. So if you have a 12 in pot and 12 inches of growth, then you need appox 4 feet of total space plus whatever space for the lights.

Hope this helps..

..BioStub Good luck Mate.

Back
Top Bottom