First time grower

Geetar

i have 3 white widow and 2 green crack seeds in five 5 gallon buckets, have apollo 400 watt metal hilide bulb, my problem is venting, and heat it is too hot in my grow room, about 82 degrees. any advice would help thanks

hey there first 400w is nice but come big heat and it will not go away till you get a in line fan to suck the heat out thats why some people us LED or CFL and if you have seeds going i would us a few CFL to pop the seeds they give of little to no heat after a few weeks move it under the 400 as it gets to hot you'll fry the seeds and wast you money get them under a few CFL ASAP and spray so water on they every now and they helps keep the humility up and if you have a small oscillating fan kicking around use that helps keep the air fresh

CFL are cheap homedepo Walmart hell take a look around the house they everywhere try to get the big ones 42w 45w or 23w have a look at the pic i get a few CFL to veg my plants then i switch to HPS
IMG_58526.JPG
IMG_58387.JPG
IMG_55897.JPG

Hi Geetar,

Welcome to 420 Magazine and it's community of members.

To help with the suggestion from Serpent; you should be able to pick up a compact flourescent light (cfl) at pretty much any home improvement/hardware store or anything remotely resembling a Wal-Mart. Look for bulbs that have a Kelvin rating of as close to 6,500K as possible. You likely won't find one that is exactly that rating, but get the highest K rated bulb you can find.

Just as an FYI, 82 is not an unacceptable temperature for your grow area. If a CFL turns out to not be a viable solution, just make sure your MH light is distant enough from the plant as to not burn the tender new sprout. Something in the 2 - 2 1/2 feet away range perhaps. You can lower to light to much closer once the little sprouts have hardened off and matured a little.

Understand re: keeping the soil moist/damp. A spray bottle would be of benefit or perhaps a homemade humidity dome? You could use any container that you could modify to keep the moisture in until your plants are established. Milk jug or Soda bottle with one end cut off is a quick and easy solution.

i figured it out its a 24 hour clock i had to depress the amount of light by pressing down buttons. damn im dumb

i think everything is gonna be ok. got the lights figured out, 2 seedlings popped up so i know a couple of them made it, is it ok that it only took 1 day to sprout?

my sprouts are about two inches high, one plant haven't even broke through the seedling yet the others look ok got a couple leaves on them, temp in room is about 78 degrees. does this sound ok?

Back
Top Bottom