Is 85 Degrees Too Hot?

RookieJuana

Well exactly as the title says. Is 85 degrees Fahrenheit too hot for flowering cannabis so long as I keep my humidity under 50%? I just added a new 1200 watt LED that I really love but that baby puts off some heat. Just trying to get some advice from you experts out there. Thank you so much in advance!

keep a fan blowing on the plants 24/7
Will this slow down flowering or cause Airy buds? I'd rather switch the light out if 85 degrees is too hot even with a fan

Also, if I had another inline fan to bring some more fresh air in, will that make my carbon scrubber work overtime? I don't want to do that either. Again I'd rather just switch out the light if I can't remedy this heat thing. The dehumidifier I have in there also blows out semi warm air.

It's warmer than I'd like.
Just the light that's making it that warm?
Yes! Just the new light I got today! I can take it out and put the 600-watt back in. That one was not hot at all. I will only switch the lights out if you don't think an inline fan is a good idea. I do not want to overwork my carbon scrubber and fan.

What slows the flowering down is not having enough co2 in the room, improper feeding, over/under watering, improper pruning. With that in mind follow your gut and pull the light. If the new light doesn't cure the heat situation then change the situation with maybe an a/c.

Wow! Thanks! Here are my temps now that I removed the light. I'm going to put that other light in my photo tent.

Attachments

• 20190313_205943.jpg
    20190313_205943.jpg
    630.9 KB · Views: 388
Correct that is at canopy level. I just set it on top of the light for the picture. And speaking of canopy, here mine is, taking a few days ago. These are Northern Light autos. One is entering its 9th of at least 12 stages of flowering. The other three are two weeks behind and just entering their 7th week of flowering. These are the plants I was worried about the heat with. But as you can see I remedied that by switching out the light. Here are my girls

Attachments

• 20190313_205215.jpg
    20190313_205215.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 392
  • 20190313_205201.jpg
    20190313_205201.jpg
    856.7 KB · Views: 337
  • 20190313_205153.jpg
    20190313_205153.jpg
    781.8 KB · Views: 378
  • 20190313_205025.jpg
    20190313_205025.jpg
    829.5 KB · Views: 352
  • 20190307_104439.jpg
    20190307_104439.jpg
    965.1 KB · Views: 405
  • 420-magazine-mobile341733384.jpg
    420-magazine-mobile341733384.jpg
    339 KB · Views: 367
If you are worried about heat then look for leafs folding like a taco. Main sign of high temps. Leafs trying to shade them selfs. I do not see any sign of temp stress at all in your pic. Last pic showing sign of root bound but will not cause any problems with flower time left.

If you are worried about heat then look for leafs folding like a taco. Main sign of high temps. Leafs trying to shade them selfs. I do not see any sign of temp stress at all in your pic. Last pic showing sign of root bound but will not cause any problems with flower time left.
Oh No. Just for future reference. Which one looks root bound? I don't understand... and thank you for your response!

Last pic with most tips pointing down. Could be something else but in most of my cases it was out of root room when curling down happened. Anyways your grow looks outstanding Keep doing what your doing :passitleft:

Correct that is at canopy level. I just set it on top of the light for the picture. And speaking of canopy, here mine is, taking a few days ago. These are Northern Light autos. One is entering its 9th of at least 12 stages of flowering. The other three are two weeks behind and just entering their 7th week of flowering. These are the plants I was worried about the heat with. But as you can see I remedied that by switching out the light. Here are my girls
Looks like you are doing a very good job! The only thing I would suggest is that in your last picture that plant definitely has a little bit too much nitrogen in it for being in flower. Too much nitrogen in flower will absolutely kill your final yields so try to keep an eye on that. Otherwise, it looks like you're doing a fantastic job.

It depends on your lights. High quality LEDs can easily run that hot with no issue. It increases the metabolism of the plant. This information comes directly from the instruction sheet that comes with Black Dog lights. I ran mine at 85 or slightly warmer three quarters of the time with no issue. Theres more to it. Plants that like to eat do better in this scenario. The humidity shouldn't go above 50% in flower. My lights never went below 20inches above the canopy or they would bleach and foxtail, but this is something you will need to watch.

Back
Top Bottom