First Time Grower

Shades

420 Member
I'm a first time grower and I've just decided that this bag seed will be my test plant. I have already topped it and lct also recently fimmed the 4 main stems. Just wondering if it's looking healthy to you guys and any advice you have, also can I transplant soil into coco? Cheers guys.

20190109_130921.jpg
20190109_131003.jpg
20190109_131013.jpg

From the pictures it looks like you're just running the veg switch. I believe it would be okay to run both the veg and Bloom switches

From the pictures it looks like you're just running the veg switch. I believe it would be okay to run both the veg and Bloom switches
Yeah, I just have the veg switch on at the moment, just worried about the heat. I have no ac and it already gets above 30 in the tent. Might flick both switches on when it cools down a bit. Cheers for the reply mate.

Yeah, I just have the veg switch on at the moment, just worried about the heat. I have no ac and it already gets above 30 in the tent. Might flick both switches on when it cools down a bit. Cheers for the reply mate.

I am not positive what you are saying. If you are changing your light spectrum around during the day you might make the plant hermie. Just like changing light time. Changes in spectrum and intensity can affect a plant. Just because we don't see the difference does mean they don't.

As a example. If you were running your light at 75% in flower because of heat issues. Then it cools down and your raise the intensity to 100%. Your plants could hermie. Lowering intensity late in flower is fine raising the intensity after they are in flower will cause problems. I don't know what changing light spectrum will do but trust me they will notice.

In flower ill be running the light with both switches on for the full 12 hours. In veg I'm not sure if I should just have the veg switch or both switches on. The light I have is a Viparspectra 900r it draws 400w from the wall with both switches on. The bloom switch adds a lot of red light, not sure if its ideal during veg.

This is with both switches on
20190116_101117.jpg

20190116_101255.jpg

This is just veg
20190116_101129.jpg

20190116_101303.jpg

Just run the veg switch. It is designed just for veg. How well they were designed has a lot to do with that part. No use running the power for things the plants don't need.

Just run the veg switch. It is designed just for veg. How well they were designed has a lot to do with that part. No use running the power for things the plants don't need.
Would it not be beneficial for the plant to get used to the light before it goes to flower though?

I've had them on both switches for two days now and I've really noticed an increase in the speed of growth. I'm not sure what to do now should I put it back to just veg switch after the next dark period?

Ok, thanks for the advice man. I need to transplant soon, ive watched some videos on youtube about it. Do you have any advice on when I should, and how to swap to a bigger pot.

You will want to transplant at least 2 weeks before going into flower. That gives them time to adjust to the bigger pot. You lose a lot of growth if you don't. You don't want them trying to build roots and stretch at the same time.

Repotting is simple. It is best to water it a day or 2 before so the soil is moist but not damp. This will help protect the roots from damage. Nice white roots are much stronger. If the plant is extremely root bound then you may need to rough up the root ball a little. Only if it is root bound though. Your plant is probably not that bad but you should check it.

Alright, thanks so much man i really appreciate the advice. I dont think its root bound yet but I will probably transplant it pretty soon.

Here is an update on my plant, I transplanted to a bigger pot and have done a little more training. Does anyone have any tips on how to keep the canopy even?
20190121_172804.jpg

Back
Top Bottom