First time growing, few question about nutrition and coco

I don't know who 'he' is, so I'll share my experience using 70% coco / 30% perlite in a drain to waste hydroponic system...

Use quality coco. The cheap coco from retailers at the big on-line malls is usually poorly washed, and poorly ground. It will take a LOT of water to rinse the salts out of that cheap coco, and you can't get rid of the unground chunks you'll find. I use Canna Coco Bricks. I expand with pH 5.6 water, mix with the perlite, then run pH 5.6 water through the mix until the run-off reaches pH 6.0, then let them drain overnight. In the morning I run pH 5.8 water with 0.25ml/l or 1ml/gallon. It is then ready for seeds or transplants.

It's not allowed to link another cannabis site here. You should edit your post and remove the link. This is the schedule I used with the General Hydroponics' Flora Trio:

Note: Click on the chart to view it full size.
full

Feed Schedule: General Hydroponics' Flora Trio & Supplements
35% Label Strength

You will need to adjust this schedule for the specific strains you grow. I pulled 440gm of 15.7oz of dried flower from a 2' x 4' tent with this schedule. The strains were one plant each of Cream & Cheese from Seedsman, and Candida (CD-1).

I have switched to Mega Crop for my current grow, I'm going to stay with that, as it's a one part dry formula that costs less than just the General Hydroponics' Flora Bloom did for a grow. If you want my left over GH nutrients, and are in Nova Scotia, let me know. We can work something out. If you want a copy of the spread sheet so you can compute the amounts needed at the percentage and volumes you choose, let me know and I'll e-mail it to you.

Be aware that a coco grow requires watering with your nutrient solution from once every three days for seedlings/clones, to three or more times per day while in flower. Since I work hard at being lazy, I built an automatic watering system to handle this chore.

In coco/perlite drain-to-waste system you need to use a nutrient solution at all times. You must always feed until you get 10% - 20% run off. This keeps the salts and unused nutrients from building up in the root zone.

Back
Top Bottom