Viagrow coco coir

Edzzed

I am just about to transplant to some Viagrow coco coir perlite mix. Been doing some education of myself and I read that it, as all coir should be buffered to rinse it and add cal mag and that it should be done twice with it sitting in the solution for 8 hours. and be done twice. Is that accurate. I have mixed both coco and perlite and it's sitting in 3 gallon pots. I never buffered it. Question is did I mess up ? If it is messed up I am gonna get fox farms ocean forest and go that route. Question 2 is I have cocotek nutes formulated for coco coir. Can they be used with ocean forest ?

you don't have to buffer twice and it doesn't need to be 8 hrs just as long as you run a ph solution through it before planting , other wise it makes the 1st couple of week s rough growing in but it will still work and fox farm is a skill in itself growing in as it has a lot of nutes already in it so no nutes for the 1st 3-4 weeks of growing a seedling in it .

Have not used Fox Farm.
I use Canna coco but I still buffer it. Using one gallon Smart pots and after I coco them up I run 2 X gallons of CaliMagic and Epsom through them and then run 1 gallon of lite nute mix with CaliMagic and Epsom.

Back
Top Bottom