Do you have problems with pests in package of coco coir?

The123321

I am new to growing. I am looking at the 32x32 tent with 2-4 auto plants in coco coir in 3 gallon fabric pots. I do not know if I would mix perlite into the pot. I have read that people may have problems with the package of coco coir having pests in the coco coir when you pour it out of the bag it is in on there for it.

Have you had problems with pests in the coco coir out of the bag? I am looking at the canna coco either hydrated in the 50l bag or the canna coco in the brick package. I read that both are buffered and rinsed and I would only need to put it in the pot and if I use the canna coco in the brick package then add the water to it in the pot. Have you used either of these and have you had problems with pests in the coco coir out of the bag on there for it?

Thanks. How do you prepare it? I read that the canna coco in the brick is buffered. Would it be possible to break off part of the brick then put that directly into the pot then pour water over it or would you need to mix it with water in a tub then put it in the pot on there?

Thanks. Do you know of anything you can mix into the pot with the coco coir that would get rid of any pests that may be in it?

Back
Top Bottom