Pink Kush Vs Cheese

PE636

It's that time of year again, getting set for my autumn season tent grow. Just yesterday I received my Seedsman order containing 6 strains. Since its only a 2x4 tent I can do 2 or 3 plants maximum so I am going with Barney's Farm Pink Kush and the Seedsman Cheese which was one of the freebies. Great experience with Seedsman, paid by bitcoin and got extra freebies, shipping took 21 days to eastern Canada, on the quicker end of what they advertise. Not exactly fast but that's the fault of the postal /customs system, and overall just fine with me.

A couple hours ago I put one of each in wet paper towel in an open sandwich bag in the usual spot, utility room on top of the electric hot water heater.
They will be grown in hand watered coco/perlite in fabric pots either 3 or 5 gallon, under the HLG320xl quantum board light. I'll probably go with the Dyna Gro nutes again, though I have a bunch of AN Sensi Coco nutes left I should really use up, so I may possibly do one of each if I get feeling ambitious.
Feel free to follow along, I'll be around and posting updates/pix whenever something interesting happens!

We have germination of the Pink Kush already, 24 hours! The Cheese hasn't cracked yet...

I'll let her go another 8 hours then it's into a solo cup of coco /perlite.
Preparing for a fairly direct hit later today and overnight from hurricane Dorian. Will likely lose power for a while so fortunately it's coming before lights are needed at all. Spent yesterday afternoon and this morning taking in ours and the neighbours boats and securing the yard and cottage as well.

Cool, I haven't grown either but I am a long time Pink Kush lover so hopefully I can do it justice! I've only ever smoked maybe 4 grams of any Cheese just recently in fact and liked it a lot so that's why I am giving it a shot. Branches are good if I decide to scrog!

Nice! I have some Pink Kush seeds tucked away. I think that @Dutchman1990 has a beautiful plant going as well. Looks like you are off to a great start.
Thanks Bard!

Looking great PE! I’ve got 3x Pink Kush Phenos going from Barney’s right now and they are looking fantastic! The one is a frost monster already so I’m sure you will get a good one!

Thanks Bard!

Looking great PE! I’ve got 3x Pink Kush Phenos going from Barney’s right now and they are looking fantastic! The one is a frost monster already so I’m sure you will get a good one!
Nice! I was very tempted to drop all 3 in the pack to look for a really nice girl but I'll play the lottery with one for now I guess.

Both girls were up this morning before I left for work. Put in paper towel Friday morning, planted Saturday afternoon and above ground Monday morning. I like that! Here they are tonight. Pink Kush left, Cheese on the right. Looking good and not even any seed shell issues to deal with.
They are now under a t5 for a couple or few days then we will be moving to the tent!

End of day 3. Both plants are looking good. Coco is drying up gradually, will probably give them a squirt or two tomorrow sometime.
Pink Kush

Cheese

Good ol Canada Post brought my coco and 2 new 5 gallon fabric pots. Well, brought it as far as the post office where my wife picked it up whilst I was working today.

A few days off now, and will finally be getting around to cleaning up the mess on our property from hurricane Dorian. I also have to tidy up the grow tent/closet and do a thorough disinfection, clean up my sticky icky fan and so on, so it's ready for the girls in a few more days.

Day 5
Power is out again so the girls are sitting on a southwest facing windowsill. Nice sunny day probably 25C by the window.
Pink Kush has a root coming out a drain hole already and the Cheese is close behind. She's a bit smaller overall so far.
I have some junk to clean out of the tent and stuff tonight and a cleaning then they will be going in under the QBs. Assuming the power comes back on that is. Dorian wreaked havoc on the lines here, and weakened and leaning trees are still falling.

Day 8 I guess it is. Looked in on the girls Saturday morning and the Cheese was crawling with effing mites. Probably from an outdoor flowerpot brought in for rain or who knows what this time of year. Hosed her good with insecticidal soap 2 days in a row and the top of the coco too. Haven't seen any since and I've been looking so hopefully I caught them all..
The Cheese was smaller to begin with and that may have set her back a little more but no worries. Gave them a good drink tonight at lights on w/ Dyna Gro nutes, the Pink Kush especially is pumping out the roots.

Later today or tonight I will top up the solo cups to the rim. There is actually about 30 percent perlite in there but there is a layer of straight coco on top as I think it's better for placing the sprouted seed. Anyways day off to busy myself with chores and prepping the coco. Plants are finally getting some legs under them and the stalks are thickening. Now I should probably hatch my training scheme before long, if I do a scrog I have to construct a new and improved screen. We will see what happens.

Later today or tonight I will top up the solo cups to the rim. There is actually about 30 percent perlite in there but there is a layer of straight coco on top as I think it's better for placing the sprouted seed. Anyways day off to busy myself with chores and prepping the coco. Plants are finally getting some legs under them and the stalks are thickening. Now I should probably hatch my training scheme before long, if I do a scrog I have to construct a new and improved screen. We will see what happens.

They are growing quickly now!

If you rebuild your screen share some pics! I just built a PVC frame for my next round and to use some trellis

They are growing quickly now!

If you rebuild your screen share some pics! I just built a PVC frame for my next round and to use some trellis

Ya they are definitely getting some good growth happening now!
I'll definitely take pix of the new screen when I get around to making it.. Pretty sure I am leaning towards the scrog again so I can maximize my small tent. My last one was thrown together in a rush and got cut up last time used, but I would like to make something I can mount on the tent poles and adjust the height easily.

Didn't get around to topping up the cups yet sadly, but I may just move into gallon pots very soon then the fabric later on. Can't decide on the 3 or 5 gallon, may go for the 5's this time since I just got new ones lol. Plants are looking good.

Back
Top Bottom