Heavenly Hybrid’s Hideout: Jump In Anytime

Congrats on the little ones, HH!👍
Mango Kush is a personal favorite for bedtime,
I just started a Critical Kush, same age as your Mango Kush (2 days)
I've never grown a Kush before, but I always like sleepytime weed....😴

Congrats on the newbies, HH!

Very soon I'll be trying out the swick bases too. What are you feeding the Candida on the swick?
Thanks GDB, I’m on your heels with the new bebes! I’ve got Candida in a super soil called bio365, so it’s just water in the res. If it runs out of nutes before the end (usually yes), I’ll add MC to finish them up.

Looks like you got a handle on the newbies and the reveg #2 is wild , like growing out of a bud !
Thanks sb, reveggers are such little weirdos. 🤪 Funny, I misread and thought you wrote zombies. Made me chuckle cause they kinda are zombies!

:happy-birthday: to your new sprouts!
:party: Yay, thank you HG!!

Ooooh...

What kind of swicky thing?
AC Infinity!?!
I've been looking at them for a few months now.
Maybe I'll await your review before I jump.

Congrats on the new babies!
:love: Hello, celebrity sighting! :love:
They are ac infinity, the 5 gallon size. So far so good, but today I lifted the pot and the roots have come through the bottom of the bag. They pulled the strings out of the water, so I had to readjust. Seems the roots coming through will be something I need to watch out for, and make sure they don’t grow down into the res. Other than that they seem good.

Congrats on the little ones, HH!👍

I just started a Critical Kush, same age as your Mango Kush (2 days)
I've never grown a Kush before, but I always like sleepytime weed....😴
Thanks Carcass, yay for babies!! I’m guessing that’s a critical mass cross? seems like a really good one! I grew out a critical mass a while back and I really liked it, I can only imagine that combined with a kush would be nice… real nice. :blunt:
Congratulations on the kick-off of the next grow! With the big Candida leading the way it's sure to be a good one. :thumb:
Thanks Shed, good ol Candida settin the standard. ✨

The roots in the res can be a problem for a water only grow, as @Carmen Ray discovered.
😬 I believe it. Some of the reviews mentioned that being an issue too, The manual suggested picking up the bag often to prevent that issue, but I’m not sure that’s something I want to be dealing with. I’m no schlepper, not even a mini-schlep! I’m also not so sure how effective that will actually be, it was a lot of roots after just a few days. I might have an idea, I’ll take pics and share it tomorrow. Until then! :love:

😬 I believe it. Some of the reviews mentioned that being an issue too, The manual suggested picking up the bag often to prevent that issue, but I’m not sure that’s something I want to be dealing with. I’m no schlepper, not even a mini-schlep! I’m also not so sure how effective that will actually be, it was a lot of roots after just a few days. I might have an idea, I’ll take pics and share it tomorrow. Until then! :love:
I read about folks having that root issue, as well. One person says he mitigated the problem with a fan blowing at the bottom of the plants, causing those roots to air prune.

You could install a water-permeable barrier between the bottom of the pot and the ropes, like a piece of pantyhose or something like that..even just a piece of cloth would probably work, as long as the weave is small enough that the roots won't grow through it...

Those are two good ideas gents, thank you! My plan was to use these little golden circle things that came with the autopots. I went to get one and realized they are all still in the pots covered in dirt. I’ll get around to dumping at least one out so I can use that.. eventually. Both kids are sick, so motivation is running low. Until then, I’m lifting and separating - not the boobs, but the pot and roots. 😄

As I was checking on the plants today, I noticed the res was low again, so it’s def working! The lame thing is that instead of watering every other day, I’m now filling a res every other day. This is not what my lazy meter had in mind, so I think I’ll be doing a combo of top watering and res filling. Hopefully that will stretch the watering cycle out a bit more for me.

I’ll update again after I dig for the golden circle buried treasure. Until then, sending lots of loves to you all. :)

The rez on my SIP holds a smidge more than half a gallon, so once the plant really gets growing, I need to fill it twice a day or more :straightface: - but it's no big deal, since I'm usually fiddling with the plant a couple times a day anyhow.
It would be a pain If I had a lot of other stuff going on, though..(like tending to sick kids or something😬)

I’ll be doing a combo of top watering and res filling.
Could you adapt your auto watering system to fill the rez instead of watering the plant?

Fingers crossed those kids get to feeling better soon!🤞

Hello my grow buddies! It’s been a minute, so I think it’s time for an update. :) The kids are getting back to healthy again, so I’ve been working my lil buns off, trying to clean up the trash site that was the 4x4. After a couple of days, it’s getting back into the swing of things. But first, let’s go back to what’s been going on since last week..

As you may remember, I dropped an Alaskan Puriple seed, that has sprouted and is doing well. I also dropped a Mango Kush who popped up a day or so later. Well, that lil MK looked like they forgot to add the cream filling, she was all cotys!
IMG_5244.jpeg

Ironically, I have had this happen exactly once before, and it was an Alaskan Purple seed! 😄 Anyhow, it’s looking poor, so I soaked a new MK seed. After a couple days of soaking, I had planned to pull this coty girl and reuse the dirt/cup for the new bean. But I saw…
IMG_5254.jpeg

Looks like there is a cream filling after all! So I let her stay, I want to see what she does. This photo was from Monday.

Here she is Tuesday.
IMG_5262.jpeg

Lol, I'm getting old and need to take a picture to be able to see what this tiny thing is up to. But it looks like there may be three leaves coming up? The cotys are looking a bit rough, maybe she was damaged a bit in her seed casing when I moved her from water to soil? Who knows? But she’s here and she’s weird!

This brings us to today
IMG_5274.jpeg

I don’t know if she’ll grow out of this weirdness or what, but we shall see!

As for the second MK seed I dropped, I don’t hold much hope for that one. She didn’t have a tail or anything after her soak, and then I put her into a coco-type pellet (because I can’t find my regular ones) and this morning the pellet was totally dried out. I watered it again, but that pretty much dashed the bit of hope I had left for that one.

Back to the rest of the plants! This is a fam photo from Tuesday. The last time all together. Big sis is moving out!
IMG_5266.jpeg

I had a bit of wrestling in my mind over what to do with this Candida. Keep her on this swick thingy, or transplant her into the 6.5 gal bucket and hook up the watering system. Laziness is me, so do I do the work of cleaning the whole system now and be lazy the rest of the grow, or be lazy now and just water her by hand for the next 8-9 weeks? Well, I already kind of spoilered myself, but I cleaned the water system and transplanted, laziness for the rest of the grow wins!!
IMG_5270.jpeg

It was not a graceful transition. Getting her out of the fabric pot was a meeeessssss! I tried to be gentile, but she def got rocked around a bit. But we did it! Here she is this morning, looking pretty dang happy.
IMG_5277.jpeg
They say to let the plant be in the pot for two weeks before turning on the water system, but I’m thinking I’ll only wait another day or two for her to recover, and then I’ll be flipping in another day or two after that. It’s time to get this show on the road!

As for the other Candida,
IMG_5276.jpeg
she’s growing pretty slowly. I haven’t decided if or how I’m going to use this one. We’ll see if that second Mango pops up and decide then?

And lastly, the little Alaskan Purple plugging right along, nearly two weeks old now.
IMG_5273.jpeg

I still have some more clean up to do, and finish setting up the rest of the auto pot system, but for now, I will rest. I hope all is well with you all and that your gardens are green! :love:

But she’s here and she’s weird!
She might be a 3 leafer, but it's hard to tell...:hmmmm:
I don’t know if she’ll grow out of this weirdness or what, but we shall see!
I had an Alaskan Purple auto do the same thing- I had to top it above node 1 to remove the weirdness...
It ended up doing pretty well...

Speaking of AP, yours is looking great!

Plants are like eclairs, they need that cream filling! :)

HH, what kind of pot is that where the Candida is now? If that set-up goes with the word "lazy" I need to know more!

You are a beautiful grower, Heavenly. I’m super interested in the freak. My favourite people always have a bit of freaky freak about them. Xo
Thank you Tra. Lol, I’m not surprised one bit, let our freak flags fly!!

She might be a 3 leafer, but it's hard to tell...:hmmmm:

I had an Alaskan Purple auto do the same thing- I had to top it above node 1 to remove the weirdness...
It ended up doing pretty well...

Speaking of AP, yours is looking great!
Thats just what I was thinking too. I remember your AP (gorgeous) and I topped a weird one I had because of your AP. That weird one turned out to have had the nodes trapped inside the stem wall and when I topped it, I ended up with a tripod with the freed node, that was unexpected! 😄 I’m thinking I’ll let it get a little bigger and taller so I can even see what she’s got going on there and then top her if she’s still feelin funky.

Plants are like eclairs, they need that cream filling! :)

HH, what kind of pot is that where the Candida is now? If that set-up goes with the word "lazy" I need to know more!
Gotsta have the cream filling! That is my Autopot watering system, every lazy man should have one! Lol. It was pricy, but I’m glad to have it. It’s also given me the biggest yields I’ve ever had, so not only does it satisfy the lazy meter, it will eventually pay for itself. 👍 The drawbacks are - hard to individualize plant feedings, so hopefully everyone is on the same page if you need amendments. - it def spikes the humidity with all that moist soil (x4). - hard to get to the rear plants in the 4x4, no one can really be moved much in there.

Overall, it suits me. My back would act up when I was crouching down and stretching for the back two plants, to water every other day. It’s a lot easier to fill buckets and dump them into the 12 gal reservoir, than schlepping the 2 gal hand held sprayers I was using. And lastly, my hands have had issues with cramping/overuse and the hand held sprayers made that worse. Gettin old is a real pita, but better than the alternative! 😄

Thank you Tra. Lol, I’m not surprised one bit, let our freak flags fly!!

Thats just what I was thinking too. I remember your AP (gorgeous) and I topped a weird one I had because of your AP. That weird one turned out to have had the nodes trapped inside the stem wall and when I topped it, I ended up with a tripod with the freed node, that was unexpected! 😄 I’m thinking I’ll let it get a little bigger and taller so I can even see what she’s got going on there and then top her if she’s still feelin funky.

Gotsta have the cream filling! That is my Autopot watering system, every lazy man should have one! Lol. It was pricy, but I’m glad to have it. It’s also given me the biggest yields I’ve ever had, so not only does it satisfy the lazy meter, it will eventually pay for itself. 👍 The drawbacks are - hard to individualize plant feedings, so hopefully everyone is on the same page if you need amendments. - it def spikes the humidity with all that moist soil (x4). - hard to get to the rear plants in the 4x4, no one can really be moved much in there.

Overall, it suits me. My back would act up when I was crouching down and stretching for the back two plants, to water every other day. It’s a lot easier to fill buckets and dump them into the 12 gal reservoir, than schlepping the 2 gal hand held sprayers I was using. And lastly, my hands have had issues with cramping/overuse and the hand held sprayers made that worse. Gettin old is a real pita, but better than the alternative! 😄
Is it the same Autopot I see on the Zon that comes with a small res?

Is it the same Autopot I see on the Zon that comes with a small res?
I think it is on Amazon but I got mine through the happy hydro website. I get my dirt from there too. My exact one is the Autopot xl system. They have a bunch of different sizes to customize your set up. Mine came with the 12 gallon res and 6.5 gal pots.

I think it is on Amazon but I got mine through the happy hydro website. I get my dirt from there too. My exact one is the Autopot xl system. They have a bunch of different sizes to customize your set up. Mine came with the 12 gallon res and 6.5 gal pots.
What media you use,Coco or soil,Pro-mix?

Back
Top Bottom