Can you do this with coco?

The123321

I am new to growing. I am looking at the 32x32 tent with the kingbrite 240w quantum board with 2-3 plants in coco coir in 3 gallon fabric pots. I am looking at the blumat watering system on there for it.

Would it be possible to use the blumat watering system with only regular water to water the plants then top feed with liquid nutrients in water to runoff like 1 or 2 times per week on there for it?

Thanks. I have read up on coco though I am wondering if it would be possible to use the blumats to do the daily watering with only water then top feed with nutrients 1 or 2 times per week or if you need to do the nutrients in every watering in the tent on there for it.

Again, read up more on Coco

It dosent retain any nutritional value in Coco, thus nutes daily, 2-3x in flower
The watering airates the medium as well

So no, water and adding nutes a couple times a week will not work

Thanks. I am looking at hand watering it for now with the nutrients. The one main reason I was looking at trying to be able to water regular water is with doing the perpetual grow in 1 tent you have 2-3 plants that were planted at different times which need different nutrients then if I do an automatic watering system like the blumats for it you would likely need more than 1 reservoir and I do not really have room in the tent for more than 1 5 gallon bucket reservoir on there for it.

Thanks. I keep going back and forth between wanting to try the coco coir for it or the dwc for it. With the 3 plants being planted at different times the dwc looks like it would work nicely for it but then I do not really want to mess with pumps on the first grow on there for it. The coco coir looks like it would be easier and less maintenance than the dwc on there for it.

I hated Coco, personally, just couldn't get the nutes dialed in, and I've done most all mediums

DWC , to me is easy. Bubbles and water... simple
I don't do RDWC, just to difficult to change nute % for different strains with one big rezz

I use Dyna-Gro foliage pro. Start to finish. I mix the same batch of nutrients for everything. Nice and simple.

I love Coco. It's all about finding what works for you personally. Run a single bubble bucket and see how you like it.

Thanks. If I run 3 5 gallon buckets for the dwc in that 32x32 tent do you think it would be ok to use the same bucket without moving it during the grow then use a new bucket for the next grow? If you did that how often would you replace the water in your bucket with fresh water and nutrients for it? I have read from people that most say replace the water in the bucket weekly then some people say they leave the same water in the bucket the whole time and only add more water and nutrients in when needed. Which do you do on there for it?

Thanks. The nutrients you mentioned turbo. Do you do the same amount of that nutrient for every part of the grow or do you do different levels of it for different parts of the grow on there for it?

It's better to dump the old nutrients and start with new but that's not always the easiest thing to do.

Yes I vary the concentration slightly but not much. I don't feed anything over 800ppm. My flower stuff is usually around 600 depending on what's left in the rez when I fill it.

Thanks. I am looking for a way to use one reservoir to feed 2-3 plants that were planted at different times so if there is a nutrient line that you can feed the same amount of for the whole grow that would make that easier on there for it.

Not to be a dick....but.....I'm good at it....lol

Trying to do a lazy perpetual, well is lazy, and will bite u in the asssssss

Turbo has been doing this for years, so can read plants

Yer trying to start out growing the wrong way, in my opinion

Thanks. I am not trying to be lazy just efficient. I want to have to be in the tent as little as possible to keep the tent closed to keep the odor at the minimum. I also would rather have an automatic watering system and doing that with perpetual I would think there would be a way even if it is not something many people do I would think there would be a way to do it. That tent looks very organized and looks like a nice yield. Which of your links is to that grow so I can read up on it? I would like to know the details on it. If that dynagrow is something to where you can use the same level of it for the whole grow I may try that on there for it.

Saw yer other thread but I'll answer here

LOS or living Organic Soil may be yer ticket.
It's just water after u mix and percolate the soil

More initial work, but almost nothing besides watering from then on

Back
Top Bottom