Air Pots air pruning. Anyone use these and how do they go?

I just got the Blumat patio system and I was thinking of adding Fulvex (Fulvic acid) or Diamond Black aka humic acid to my rez with an airstone or 2, so when i hand feed them, they will always be able to absorb the majority of the nutes and this should reduce salt buildup..is that make sense?.Would that work?

I have the advanced nutrients hobbyist bundle and was a little apprehensive about using such a line because i have no idea at the levels i would use. Does anyone have experience with this?

Hi there purps, organic additives are best hand fed as they can block drip lines, especially Blumat. But yes, organic supplements are well worth it.

I also use advance nutes, there great. Just follow there feed chart but give them a PH balanced water feed every now and again. I use Drip Clean from H&G to stop nute block everywhere. Fantastic product

If you like I can share my feed chart, PM me if you want it.
:Namaste:

Hi there purps, organic additives are best hand fed as they can block drip lines, especially Blumat. But yes, organic supplements are well worth it.

I also use advance nutes, there great. Just follow there feed chart but give them a PH balanced water feed every now and again. I use Drip Clean from H&G to stop nute block everywhere. Fantastic product

If you like I can share my feed chart, PM me if you want it.
:Namaste:

I will check out Drip Clean, they dont have it at my hydrostore so I will probably just order it. I cannot PM yet since i have only 7 posts, would you mind PMing me a copy of your feed chart, i would really appreciate it Messy:Namaste:

What is the difference between the Tropf Blumat Ceramic Sensor cones "which say outside use only" and the Blumat Ceramic Sensor cones that say"for indoor use"?

They really are good i'm using the airpot rta dripper system it's an amazing design I'm just trying to work out how this feeding box works and if I'm feeding too much or to less water. It's on an automatic feeding box that feeds several times a day I just don't no if I should just drip a little in every time or have enough in that there is run off. It seems like I'm the only one in the world who has one of these systems even the guys at the grow shop ain't seen them or no what's best for this to work at its optimum. If anyone has this system or has even seen one please help me out thanx

20141204_150941.jpg
20141204_151505.jpg
20141209_152450.jpg
20141204_151522.jpg

Oh that's the rta stand when your run off passes through the bottom it then passes through the hose to the brain which is then either pumped back to the res or in my case to waste. Works through gravity as the stands are higher than the brain if you understand what I mean haha

Oh that's the rta stand when your run off passes through the bottom it then passes through the hose to the brain which is then either pumped back to the res or in my case to waste. Works through gravity as the stands are higher than the brain if you understand what I mean haha
Could you please tell me the brand name? Do they come in different sizes? Thank You.

The brand is just airpots rta dripper system if you go on the site pro grow the fella who runs progrow actually designed that product if you buy it tho check out premier hydroponics I got mine from the it's cheep er think I paid 350 for the lot were as progrow it's 500. And the stand fits different airpots from 6.10 or 15 litre pots it's a great design think what I will do different next time is do a 50/50 mix coco and Clay pebbles that way I hint every watering when it drips I will get more chance of run off and I won't have to flush as much and worry about salt build up. Have a look and let me no what you think buddy.

I don't know if this is relavant or not but i will post "thecapn" view on air pruning

I would suggest using cheap, #1, #2, #3 pots for veg, and not transplant to the large air pot until you get ready to go to flower. In veg, we don't want to "prune" roots or branches or leaves. We want it to grow as big and bushy with the biggest root mass possible. Use a regular nursery pot for veg. Start small, transplant up a size every 2-3 weeks and you will get roots that look like this, no matter what the strain:

There was a root mass photo but i don't have it. You will get the idea i guess.

Yeh think that makes sense although I'm told that once a root is air pruned at the end it Then branches like a tree dose.so that the root mass ain't just all spiralling round the pot it's filling all the middle out. I no its very tricky to pot up if using airpots specially in coco as it can crumble like a fucker if it's not full of roots. But I do no that potting up gets faster growth and roots arnt searching and filling the pots taking up growth time.

Another thing is if I don't pot up till in flower wouldn't that be pointless as I thort the roots should have all developed by the time they are in flower. If the roots are set in there final position then the air pruning wouldn't take place. So in theory the air pruning wouldn't really happen as all the toots would be spiral and the tips of the roots would no longer be searching maybe I'm wrong but it sounds about rite haha.

Good job you confused me there..

But still i think the root will search out and will air prune after some time (in flowring). You are refering to directly air pruning after transplant (if i understand correctly).

The capn uses Beneficial tea (weekly) for getting the root mass withour beneficial tea You would get that root mass as he says.

I think after reading so much it will eventually air prune no matter what. Because root grow outwards of the pot that is why they circle around! (this is just my point of view)

Hmm mm maybe we'll I'm going to pot up on this grow. Then place in air pot for final position. I'm only using a 6 litre airports for final pots so probably only have to pot up twice anyway i just like the idea for the airpots giving the roots more oxygen. Also that the roots don't spiral round the pots and get root tangled and root bound. Maybe I should start in a 2 litre and finish in a 6.

I didn't notice too much of a difference when comparing an air pot to a regular pot that holds the same amount of medium.

A major pain with them is that gnats can get in the holes that are everywhere. This makes it hard to get rid of them.

With standard pots, I put a 1inch layer of sand on the top, which keeps gnats out of my root zone. Can't do that with air pots.

Perhaps lining the inside of the air pot with a 120 micron mesh would do the trick.

Back
Top Bottom