Air injection with coco

NOOOBIENOT

Has any one ever tried air injection in the bottom of their pots , i am gonna try 1 pot with this idea , using a air dome and a air pump and a layer of clay stones in the bottom of the pots, almost like a dwc grow and then a layer of coco/perlite , gonna top feed by hand , i have been reading on how air injection helps speed up plant growth with the extra oxygen at root level , ,what do you think and has anyone tried this before , i have heard it can be done with soil also , i hear plants grow a extra 20% faster and yield is a lot higher , comments are welcome and so are any tips !

The air injection stuff leaves water in the medium. How you gonna do that with a fabric one?

I looked into it a while ago. It's a bunch of extra work and pieces/parts compared to just filling bags with Coco. Then you end up with the drainage material mixed in with the medium after harvest and it's more work to separate it out to reuse it.

For one or two plants it's not a big deal. But for tents full it's too much.

Fire one up. I'd love to see someone actually finish a grow with it. Several people have played around and started but they always leave or quit before harvesting anything.

I use Autopot system with air domes on the bottom, exactly like you mentioned. When i chop down my plants and empty out the containers, the air domes on the bottom are completely engulfed with roots.. It tells me roots are going for the air and like it. However, i'd imagine there to be enough aeration with coco/perlite mix substrate anyways. I have them, so use them.. never felt the need of experimenting without (air is free) :)
rippedcb

Has any one ever tried air injection in the bottom of their pots , i am gonna try 1 pot with this idea , using a air dome and a air pump and a layer of clay stones in the bottom of the pots, almost like a dwc grow and then a layer of coco/perlite , gonna top feed by hand , i have been reading on how air injection helps speed up plant growth with the extra oxygen at root level , ,what do you think and has anyone tried this before , i have heard it can be done with soil also , i hear plants grow a extra 20% faster and yield is a lot higher , comments are welcome and so are any tips !
I'm doing it now. See my post. I'm using 4 air domes 15 liter an hour oxygen. These 4 controll plants are twice as big as the others. Look at the roots air domes help create. Thevbblue thing is the air dome

Screenshot_20221002_135042.jpg

Screenshot_20221002_135029.jpg

The air injection stuff leaves water in the medium. How you gonna do that with a fabric one?

I looked into it a while ago. It's a bunch of extra work and pieces/parts compared to just filling bags with Coco. Then you end up with the drainage material mixed in with the medium after harvest and it's more work to separate it out to reuse it.

For one or two plants it's not a big deal. But for tents full it's too much.

Fire one up. I'd love to see someone actually finish a grow with it. Several people have played around and started but they always leave or quit before harvesting anything.
One pump, 1 piece of air tube, 1 airstone...easy, I know commercial that do this.

Back
Top Bottom