Crinkled leaves

PodBoy

420 Member
I have two plants growing in coco, one is growing normally, the other has a section that has all crinkled or compressed leaves. I'm using this method:
And it's always worked pretty well, and the second plant is good now, and a lot of the plant in question is OK, but this one section is effected so I thought I'd check just in case it's something that might recur later.
My biggest concern is that the coco buckets sat outside for a bit, and there is some grass growing under the plants, so there could be contamination with something that is effecting the plant.
Anybody have any ideas?
2020-01-028.jpg

I had the same thing occur during my last grow but even worse. Along with the crinkly leaves mine "twisted" as well. The plant never really outgrew it and I had branches that look like . . . pitchforks? in the way they grew. The branches would "Branch" (one into two into four and on and on ) instead of stretch.
It was a Gorilla Glue #4 that should have stretched to the top of my seven-foot tent. It grew into a twisted bush that got maybe 2 foot tall (if that) and was shaped like a round ball. It really reminded me of how some Autos grow in regards to the branching but was definitely a photo like its sisters. It also really was GG#4, not another variety which might had explained why it looked so different.
The weed was damn good but the plant really was a waste of space given how little it got.
Your's does not look nearly as bad especially since you have some normal looking fan leaves whereas I did not see any normal ones in any quantity until it was at least half-finished.
However, my experience may not be applicable to yours; different strain, lights, nutes, and growing medium.

Thanks again both of you!
I have an auto waterer going 20 seconds ever 4hours or so just to make sure they have some moisture at all times. I do a nutrient half gallon in each bucket every other day, and then clean half gallon through every other. Checking each to be sure the solution is between 5.5 and 6.5 ph.
I have them in the buckets nearly identical to the 'hempy bucket' setup seen here:
GrowBoxGuy's DIY Guide - Hempy bucket
so they drain well and shouldn't hold water. Each time I water or nute them I see the excess flowing out.
That said, it does look like this problem is specific to an AREA of the one plant, so it could conceivably gotten too much during that period or something...
Just wanted to be sure I didn't have an ongoing problem that I should nip before it gets the buds! :)

As long as your medium drains well you should be OK about watering and given it's not the whole plant I'd just ignore it (if you're like me) or get the clippers out if it's annoying you too much :thumb:
Who knows? Maybe the stress of the deformity will get the resin flowing

Back
Top Bottom