New grower needing help about coco loco

SwampMoss912

420 Member
Recently did tons of researched aimed around a coco grow.

I have a 30inx30in tent a Phlizon 2000w cob (actually 451w with cobs and "stronger" switch on)

Just germinated 4 seeds planted them in the fabric 5 gal pots (one did not pop up yet other three are maybe an inch tall)

So I mentioned I did a lot of research on a coco setup drain to waste and all that it seemed easiest for a beginner to me. I went to purchase tent and nutrients, the lady behind the desk sold me on some coco loco. I had no idea all the extra it had in it until a few days ago. I already purchased the 3 part GH for hydro and a Cal Mag. I am wondering if any one can help me with a good feed schedule. The plants are almost ready for their first feeding - I would imagine if I was in only coco but I'm in coco loco and I don't want to burn them up. I also don't want to have to buy more nutrients if I don't have to and can use the GH? Maybe?

Any and all help is much appreciated.

Here is a link to the schedule I thought of using before I found out of all the extra fertilizers in the loco.

Welcome to the forum @SwampMoss912 :welcome:

I'd use about 1/10th of recommended doses and move up from there to keep them green...
...and no links to other forums please :passitleft:
So I mentioned I did a lot of research on a coco setup drain to waste and all that it seemed easiest for a beginner to me.
The easiest way to grow cannabis, is a good buffered soil, and the nutrients to match :thumb:

:welcome:

A link to the makeup of your coco loco would be helpful in determining what if any additives could be used to supplement
Hey this is the only decent list I could find.

Hello and welcome, I haven't been on here in a while , but I'm glad I saw your post. If it helps any , Im also a first time grower, and also used Fox Farms Coco-Loco as I read it had good nutes already put in, which I liked because I had a rough time just germinating and was crazy nervous about hurting the seedlings I finally got to grow. At the advise of a VERY helpful grower on here I had to start adding "Cal-mag at every watering because some leaves developed some gold coloring, the Cal-mag fixed the prob and never saw it again. Check out my (7 week old) babies now, and grown only in Coco-loco! Good luck!

GIRLS 1-3-20.JPG

Hey welcome, im new to coco as well but not new to hydro, so coco loco seems to be foxfarms vs of ocean forest but in coco I know with that soil your seedlings won't need any nutrients until about 3-4 weeks, not sure if it needs a wetting agent. But it alrdy comes ammendment so has your [n]itrogen p,k, in as well as calcium. Bring that itd coco with perlite should drain quite well, even if you don't keep a journal on here I didn't for 2 years, keep a personal one and you to want to watch your EC/ppms again for those 1st few weeks. They have everything they need and micro organisms to help the root zone making them explode. I dunno how long ago u went into the 5gal pots but next time I'd start in something smaller like a solo cup, I'll get the clear not frosted or grey and either using a lighter or drill, I prefer drill more controll. But drill 4-7 holes on thr bottom and then staggered up and down say ever inch until your all the way around . Want them large enough they drain butbdont want your coco eroding out. I know it's coco and ubhave perlite but is rather not "drown" my seedlings. Then put that in either a blue or red solo no holes to protect roots from lights. It will also give you a window view of how your roots a growing . Make sure to drain that 2nd solo as it will defeat the purpose of the holes in 1st solo and they be sitting in water if you don't. I'd say most would say once you good roots I wait until a few made it out then holes. Transplant to midsized pot between solo and final pot other wise it will take l Ionger to dry resulting in less watering yes but then you get salt build up quicker. Either way its a waste of water and nutrients

Hello and welcome, I haven't been on here in a while , but I'm glad I saw your post. If it helps any , Im also a first time grower, and also used Fox Farms Coco-Loco as I read it had good nutes already put in, which I liked because I had a rough time just germinating and was crazy nervous about hurting the seedlings I finally got to grow. At the advise of a VERY helpful grower on here I had to start adding "Cal-mag at every watering because some leaves developed some gold coloring, the Cal-mag fixed the prob and never saw it again. Check out my (7 week old) babies now, and grown only in Coco-loco! Good luck!

GIRLS 1-3-20.JPG
Yes most base nutrients have calmag alrdy in them but not enough for coco as it absorbs the calcium. I'm not sure what others do , but I supplement calmag at half strength 2.5ml/gal if indeed it's in your base. Especially needed if using RO WATER, even used to flush at a rate of 5ml/g. Using tap water might wanna check your minerals in your tap water

Back
Top Bottom