Coco Loco help please

Sir Digby

Hey everyone, I'm working on my first grow here and I'm looking for some help with my Coco Loco watering, feedings and ph. Most of the advice I've been finding online is related to pure coco mediums, which is not exactly what Loco is. Most coco growers say to water everyday, but Fox Farms says Loco doesn't need to be watered as much and the folks at the grow shop said to use the Fox Farms soil feeding schedule which recommends feeding twice a week.

I started seedlings in solo cups, transplanted to fabric pots after a couple of weeks and am using the basic Fox Farm 3 + calmag. At the moment I'm watering everything (seedlings plus potted) everyday and with RO water +calmag then ph down to around 6 or a little under. I'm feeding the potted plants a couple of times a week with around 1/4 strength nutes at the moment since they are still pretty young.

SO I would love to hear from some growers that are experienced with Coco Loco specifically and could tell me what kind of water/feed schedule has been successful for you in the past. I'm still trying to figure out daily water schedule, feeding schedule, and optimal ph for Loco specifically. Any help would be much appreciated

I am a new grower, but after reading a ton of the post on this website. I made the decision to water by the weight of the plant in its container. So far I have not over watered, anytime I am not sure I hold off to the next day. So far this technique has worked but I would like to automate it to get tighter control.

I am using Advanced Nutrients Ph perfect for coco. Right now I am mixing at 1/4 strength, and getting ready to bump it up to 1/2 strength. My PH holding like a rock at 6.1 with revese osmosis water. I actual have a exstra container filled with coco for a weight comparison. This way I know what dry weight should feel like. Right now I have 2 Sour Diesel's that drink daily, and a compassion lime cbd that drinks every other day. I water till I get about 5% to 10% waste.

Also I am trying to control my tent temps with a 6 inch duct fan on a temp controler. I had it at 82 degrees but , I noticed slight curling of the leaves. So I bumped it down to 77 degrees. What type of lighting are you using? I am currently using a 315 watt CMH.

I think I'm going to give the two I have in 5 gallon pots a day or two to dry out a little bit before watering again and see how that does. I have a couple of northern lights and one white widow seedlings in solo cups that I may need to water a little more often; I don't think they'll hold moisture as long as the pots.

I am also controlling my tent temps with a 6" duct fan on a bayite temp controller. My tent floats between 75 and 77 usually. I am using a couple of leds, one 1500 and one 600w, they seem to be doing pretty well so far.

I am using Advanced Nutrients Ph perfect for coco. Right now I am mixing at 1/4 strength, and getting ready to bump it up to 1/2 strength. My PH holding like a rock at 6.1 with revese osmosis water. I actual have a exstra container filled with coco for a weight comparison. This way I know what dry weight should feel like. Right now I have 2 Sour Diesel's that drink daily, and a compassion lime cbd that drinks every other day. I water till I get about 5% to 10% waste.

I had to stop by the grow shop the other day for some supplies. The staff there suggest I use a a ph of 6.5, which seemed a little high to me. After calling Fox Farms they said 6.3-6.8. I think I'm going to err on the side of caution and start aiming for 6.3.

One of the owners of the grow shop uses the stuff and said she's on a water/water/feed schedule. I'm not entirely sure about that either, seems like only feeding once a week may not be completely ideal for maximizing growth. I think I'm going to try to alternate water/feed to get a couple of feedings in per week. We'll see how it goes!

Everything still going well with your feed/water schedule Cbd?

cocoloco has alot of good stuff in it. Your right on track with everything i can see that uve done. I also use PH perfect with the loco. but i also use megacrop dry nutes, recharge microbs, and molasis every water, and 1/4 strenth also of the PH perfect. the cocoloco does enjoy a dryout period. You will eventually master using the loco, and you will never use anything other then loco again.. lol.. Its awesome stuff.

ALTHOUGHT, i think the PH should be 5.8-6.0..... and with the PH perfect hydro, for some reason, its PH is 6.5 so i add .5 ML of PH down, and gets me to 5.8, and is stable after 24 hours.

cocoloco has alot of good stuff in it. Your right on track with everything i can see that uve done. I also use PH perfect with the loco. but i also use megacrop dry nutes, recharge microbs, and molasis every water, and 1/4 strenth also of the PH perfect. the cocoloco does enjoy a dryout period. You will eventually master using the loco, and you will never use anything other then loco again.. lol.. Its awesome stuff.

Hey Mayne, thanks for all the info on loco! I think I'm starting to get the hang of the water and feed schedule.

When I started this thread I was going more on pure cocoa advice and was watering pretty much every day. I was a little worried about their color at that time, but since letting them dry out some between feedings the larger plants have started to darken up and so far the seedlings that are now transplanted haven't had the same issue.

these are day 29, from seed. the far left, i let dry out alomst completly, watered today. the rest, i water everyday. I did this to show how forgiving cocoloco is. a few months ago, I had a male, pulled it from my area, and put in my basement, didnt water for 3 weeks,yes, 3 weeks, till it started showing signs of droop.

And, get this. These plants you see right now, are in flower. started 12/12 from seed, and for the last week, have been on a 6 on / 10 off light scheadule.

Here's a little look at what's going on inside the tent. The gals with names are feminized photos from Canuk seeds. The other three are all bag seeds; no idea which bag and they were fairly old- I'll have to sex them after flipping to flower and they may be getting chopped. The solo cup is just for the lols and because I don't really want to try to squeeze another larger pot in the space.

Hey everyone, I'm working on my first grow here and I'm looking for some help with my Coco Loco watering, feedings and ph. Most of the advice I've been finding online is related to pure coco mediums, which is not exactly what Loco is. Most coco growers say to water everyday, but Fox Farms says Loco doesn't need to be watered as much and the folks at the grow shop said to use the Fox Farms soil feeding schedule which recommends feeding twice a week.

I started seedlings in solo cups, transplanted to fabric pots after a couple of weeks and am using the basic Fox Farm 3 + calmag. At the moment I'm watering everything (seedlings plus potted) everyday and with RO water +calmag then ph down to around 6 or a little under. I'm feeding the potted plants a couple of times a week with around 1/4 strength nutes at the moment since they are still pretty young.

SO I would love to hear from some growers that are experienced with Coco Loco specifically and could tell me what kind of water/feed schedule has been successful for you in the past. I'm still trying to figure out daily water schedule, feeding schedule, and optimal ph for Loco specifically. Any help would be much appreciated
I am also a beginner and have had good luck and a few probs mostly with germination a while back, but as far as using Coco-Loco which I chose also, I just love it. I have not added any nutes at all but did start using Cal-mag mixed in tap water every watering at the advise of a VERY helpful grower on here because of leaf discoloration early on, and that took care of that. I am close to going to 12/12 lighting for flowering now and will start adding nutes based on what I here from the pros on here. Mine are in 3 gallon fabric pots under a "Growstar 600 watt LED". These are 7 weeks old and have been topped early and heavily exfoliated a week ago! Hope this helps u out a bit grow friend!

GIRLS 1-3-20.JPG

Sorry I failed to address your watering questions. Early on I just kept them moist was all, now I use about a quart of water every 2 days per plant, but as someone on here advised , I simply pick up the pots, if they are light I water if heavy maybe not, its easy for me!

Back
Top Bottom