First Time Trying Pot

Eugene

I've heard that marijuana makes listening to music even better, so I've decided to see what the fuss is about. A friend of mine is sending me weed brownies (with indica "Afghani Kush" in them, I think. I don't know.) and I have a few questions. First, I've read quite a few topics here, which have gotten me paranoid. I don't want to feel like I'm dying, or black out, or go insane from paranoia. Is this common? Also, if I eat the brownies, how long will it take for them to take effect? Will I be asking questions like, "Am I high right now?" or will I be extremely paranoid waiting for it? How long do you think the high will last? I plan on eating half a brownie to start. I've never done drugs, and I hate the taste of alcohol (so I haven't gotten drunk), so this might be a little weird for me. Thanks for reading.

It might not do anything, seeing as this would be the first time you would be putting THC in your body.

For one reason or another, the first few times a majority of pot smokers have smoked, they did not get high. Weither this was because their body was not familar with the THC, they wern't inhaling right, or some other reason, I really don't know.

When you eat weed, it takes a long time to kick in, yes. Probably more then an hour, yet less then 3. You will be stoned for a long time. Probably a major of your day.

If your gonna try pot, I'd suggest to start by smoking it. Eating it might not be the best first experience. It may come on suttle, but you will be very stoned. Eating weed gets you much higher then smoking a small ammount of it.

The only reason you would get REALLY paranoid on weed would be if paranoia, or skitsofrenia is common in your family. Otherwise, a little paranoia is normal.

the first time i got high...o0o0o0o0o....while back....but i got so fucken stoned i actually peed on myself....that shyt aint normal....but....only twice...after that...it was all good

Ok, I wouldn't suggest eating weed for your first time. Definatly smoke it first. Get high a few times. My first experiance was fun as hell, but it can be overwhelming since you have no idea what to expect (and for you especially since you havn't tried any mind-altering substances at ALL) The thing about ingested THC is that it turns into 11-OH-THC, (some of it metabolizes into that) and that chemical is much more psychoactive than regular delta-9-THC, and would increase the likelihood of a bad experiance. Now, honestly, the majority of people have good experiances, especially if you do it right. Read up on "Set and Setting" (link to "set and setting"). Set and setting - Wikipedia
The gist (jist?) of set and setting is as follows: set is your mind set. Your mood. You want to be in a good mood. Relaxed. Setting is your surroundings. Be in a friendly place that isn't scary or stressfull. Example, my first time, I was hiding behind a building with my friends paranoid as fuck. That is not good setting. Your house is always the best.
Once you become more experianced, this tends to matter less for marijuana users since they become use to the experiance and the experiance is relativly mild (compared to other things like LSD and such). This is not true for harder drugs. Doesn't matter how many times you've dropped acid, you NEVER want to drop cid in the middle of dark and scary woods. Shit, you don't want to smoke weed in the middle of dark and scary woods, because no matter how experianced you are, marijuana definatly magnifies your emotions and is known to cause paranoia. If you follow set and setting principles, you shouldn't experiance much paranoia.
Normally, this is associated much more with much stronger hallucinogenic drugs such as LSD, mescaline, psylocibe (shrooms) etc. But I believe that it is VERY important to keep in mind. Do it with a friend is also good advice. Pick a few cd's you would want to listen to, pick out a trippy movie or just draw... anything...
Don't forget WATER. Cottonmouth is a bitch and can be scary the first few times, (i know I was scared because my throat hurt so much and it was so dry, but that's because I smoked).
Also, FOOD. Pick out your favorite snack food or any food... you won't regret it.
EDIT:
Almost forgot, go to www.erowid.org and read up about weed. While you are there, look for set and setting information, (you will probably find it in the vaults pertaining to stronger hallucinogenic drugs.)

Eugene said:
I don't want to smoke it, though. I don't want to fuck with my lungs/throat.
Then your going to have to experiment. Not many people can tell you what it felt like when they first tried pot by eating it, because not many people have done that, most people smoke weed before they even realize that you can eat it.

Smoking weed doesn't really fuck with your lungs/throat all that much.

And to be brutally honest with you... pot does't make music all that great. It's not like weed gives you auditory halucinations. If you really wanna feel your music, try mushrooms. Even a low dose of mushies is atleast mildly interesting.

I would still suggest you try smoking it a few times before you start eating it. Like we have already said, jumping right into eating pot could be a disaster for you. It would be like driving a ferrari before you've ever even riden in a honda.

Smoking a few times is not going to hurt you. You'll cough. But it's not going to cause any dammage. I've been smoking for years, and I don't have any throat or chest problems.

Yea man, just smoke a few times. Scratch that. Get high a few times by smoking, I say that because not everyone gets high their first time smoking. Normally, it has to do with improper inhaling. Smoke with your buddy. If you like it and want to continue doing it, and you feel you don't want to risk your lungs, then begin eating. Or, invest in a vaporizer.
Honestly though, I've been smoking (weed) for years and I play soccer. My lungs are fine. 6:50 mile. May not be that fast, but my mile times have always been around that.

JesusLOL said:
Then your going to have to experiment. Not many people can tell you what it felt like when they first tried pot by eating it, because not many people have done that, most people smoke weed before they even realize that you can eat it.

Smoking weed doesn't really fuck with your lungs/throat all that much.

And to be brutally honest with you... pot does't make music all that great. It's not like weed gives you auditory halucinations. If you really wanna feel your music, try mushrooms. Even a low dose of mushies is atleast mildly interesting.
Well, I know the first time I tried eating weed, I was FUCKED. Beyond comprehension. But that's because I ate like an 1/8th...
It's different.
Oh and don't listen to jesus, pot makes music amazing...
Keep in mind, this is the FIST mind altering substance he is going to try. You will be blown away, I know I was.

man i make weed soup all the time and its not the same high, it sneaks up on you and your fucked up for the rest of the day, and you have cottonmouth for the rest of the day also. From my experience, it is more of a body high when you eat it, Put in a 20 sack in my chicken noodle soup with some butter**need butter**, and about an hour and a half later I was numb as hell and felt like i had no worries in the world.
so eat up

I decided to smoke. My friend is sending me some ak47, afghani kush and hemp rolling papers. I'm scared for my virgin throat :(.

Eugene said:
I decided to smoke. My friend is sending me some ak47, afghani kush and hemp rolling papers. I'm scared for my virgin throat :(.

Haha! You've been so busy making yourself paranoid with so much reading about feeling like death, blacking out, etc that you havn't even bothered reading about safer ways to smoke.

Using a vaporizer (as someone said), you can effectively eliminate all smoke and inhale THC vapor only thus making getting high 100% safe on your lungs.

An off-site thread on making your own vaporizer in 5 minutes can be found here.

Please try to keep in mind that smoking pot isn't nearly as damaging as you're making it out to be. Your lungs are constantly healing and repairing themselves as you inhale the millions of different chemicals and such from everyday pollution... a small weed-smoking habit isn't going to hurt anything... if you ever start smoking 5-10 blunts a day, THEN you've got something to worry about :smokin:

Water-cooled bongs help eliminate the heat damage done to your THROAT by pipes not to mention they filter out alot of unnecessary chemicals

I've been smoking just about every day for 3 years now (besides 2 week breaks to get my tolerance back down) and I can honestly say that my lungs feel just as healthy now as they did then. But -- I work out every other day and have never put a cigarrette to my mouth in my life :smokin:

Since I keep seeing this come up in this thread: I had a friend, who is a biochem major do some research on this and the best theory he's seen so far is one that proposes the receptors in your brain that are activated by THC don't know how to react when it first hits them. It's like a bacteria, if you want to think of it that way. When you get your shot, you get a little bit of the bacteria injected into you, and your body adapts to it. Next time it sees it, it goes, "Oh I know what this shit is" and does it's job accordingly. Same with THC, your body just needs to adapt to it.

Edit:
For the record,
Bacteria(that makes you sick) = Bad
Weed = Good :smokin:

Eugene said:
Haha, then I would suggest water filtration, DEFINATLY not a joint, joints are harsh as hell.
Get at least a bowl, and let it cherrie, (stay lit) versus keeping the flame on the weed for too long because, it's not only more efficient THC-wize, but it's healthier.

hey man good choice on smoking before ingesting, and hold your first toke in nice and long, but take slow small hauls at first, to get used to it, enjoy and welcome to the wonderful world of marijuana!

I decided to buy a bong instead, hehe. Now I have another problem.

I usually never keep secrets from my mother, but I'm considering doing it this time. She's very openminded about this stuff, but I just can't tell her. She smokes a pack of cigs a day, so she couldn't tell me it's unhealthy. There's the illegal factor, but hell, we steal cable. That's certainly illegal. I'm 18 now, but I still live at home, so I'm not sure what I should do. Any suggestions? I really don't want to tell her, but I don't want to keep this from her.

Eugene said:
I decided to buy a bong instead, hehe. Now I have another problem.

I usually never keep secrets from my mother, but I'm considering doing it this time. She's very openminded about this stuff, but I just can't tell her. She smokes a pack of cigs a day, so she couldn't tell me it's unhealthy. There's the illegal factor, but hell, we steal cable. That's certainly illegal. I'm 18 now, but I still live at home, so I'm not sure what I should do. Any suggestions? I really don't want to tell her, but I don't want to keep this from her.

If you think she'll flip on you then don't tell her. I smoked for years before I ever told my parents, and then when I told my dad, it was over a bowl of dank. I smoke with him more then anyone now, but every parent is different, so you are the only one that can really make that judgement call.

Oh, and welcome to the dark side.

Hmmm... I came clean with my parents after a few months. It's better that way, believe me.
Because, it IS illegal...
And the worst way for them to find out is a call from the station...

Back
Top Bottom