Flowering and Growing cycle Questions

GreenVodoo

Once the flowering cycle has started and buds have formed is it possible to switch the light cycle from 12/12 back to 18/6 or 4/20 or 24/0??

Will this increase growth, and how much?

Will the current buds die or fall off?

If you switch them to more than 12 hours of light, they will stop flowering and go back into vegetative growth.

The current buds will stop developing, but I'm not sure if they would die or drop off eventually.

Plants do double or even triple their size in bloom, so you might be OK just keeping things at 12/12.

you got to remember that if your plants female...which i assume it is...you'll get a few "waves" of flowers...the plant will grow in the flowering cycle as well...about a foot or higher...the only lighting I mess with is now that the lower buds on my indica female are getting red/brown pistils, I turned the light from 12/12 to 10 on 14 off...to help simulate fall...she's looking great. I even successfully cloned her during the beginning of the flowering cycle...3 clones, two are great

very helpful advice thank you all.

lets say u put a punch of seedlings on 12/12, to make them show sex, after they are proven to be female then could u switch back to more light??

Yes, you can put the females into veg by going 18/6 after they show sex, but it might take a couple of weeks for them to respond so you lose some time on the grow.

Depending on the strain, there is a chance that some of the females may hermie from the stress of having their light period changed.

Back
Top Bottom