Flowering disaster, 4 extra hours of light

herbswork

Hi all,
I'm starting the third week of flowering, and I pulled a real rookie move. I left a 350W maintenance light on for 4 hours past the 12 hour mark...for a total of 16 hours. It was in the middle of the room not directly over the two beds on either side of the room, but the light is plenty bright (a t5 fluorescent get up) Can anyone tell me how 'effed' I am? I'll be taking pictures of the results...ugh. :scratchinghead:

Thanks very much for your time!

:thedoubletake::whoa: ooohh that cant be good!!! dont make it a habit!!! but im sure they will be fine, just tricks them a lil, it is possible, let me make this clear POSSIBLE!!! it could herm, when it see's light for 12 hours they know to flower, its almost time to die... but during that time, if they see 12 hours for so much time then see 16 hours, they start thinking whats going on?? theres more light, now 1 day i dont see a dramatic effect... but like i said, dont make it a habit... i'll be watching to see how it goes!!! hope it pulls through ok!!!

:peacetwo:

I will certainly be on the lookout for bananas...
...really hoping they don't start going veg freeak on me.
this is day 2 (no noticeable changes as of last evening).
will post pics asap. THank you!

Herbs I love the name! I think theyll be fine! They might veg for a minute though! They will prob be on a 12 day vacation so don't sweat it! They might hermie! Good luck amigo

If it's just one day for 4hrs over 12hrs on, you should be alright. Plants can have up to 14hrs of light during 12/12 and still be fine. As long as they have 10hrs of darkness they'll remain in bloom. Only tested with a few strains, not sure if it works for all. To be safe remain to where you had them, 12/12.

Okay took me some time but I'm back with photos. The light incident didn't appear to affect the growth, whew..
so about 5 days after the light was left on this is how they looked:
P8030628.JPG
P8060638.JPG

I did burn the plants by feeding too much, and then I backed off to 1100ish ppm for the last 3 waterings...
P8190656.JPG

started adding more cal.mag when I noticed the brown spots appearing..
P8060634.JPG

P8060630.JPG
P8160651.JPG

now they're seeming slightly deficient (yellowing on the upper fan leaves..especially near the hot spots. The yellowing isn't super intense, but they could be greener than that! The effect is more pronounced under the HPS).
P8160643.JPG
P8160650.JPG

Thanks again aStone. No bananas yet!

Thanks also to CannaVince and Twelve12 !

The last 3 pics were taken the night before last, week 7 day 1.
:thanks: for the comments!
and
:yahoo:
to everybody!

The lighting used to take these photos is the compact fluorescent light that was left on in the initial incident (to give an idea of the intensity they were exposed to).

Wow they look so nice herb!!! Good work!!! Wish my garden was as macho as yours!!!

No prob! Great setup you have going on. What medium do you use for these plants? Looking good man. If you want to be extra safe, switch out the current maintenance light to green light bulb so even if you have it on it wouldn't effect the girl, and you can check up on them during their dark hours if needed. What strains are these? They look mighty frosty from the distant.

I'm using a blend I made up of 707 mix (Roots organics -- it's an outdoor blend with a lot of coco in it), royal gold potting soil, Down to Earth Organics, perlite...

The strain is Black Domina, yea super sugary, they will turn purple pretty quick here..(hoping for cool weather!!) I'll post the rest of the journal pics when the time comes.
:peacetwo::love:

oh and some power flower is also in the mix...and this is the third time I've used this soil...I have added some glacial rock dust and dolomite lime along the way..

This is the first time hearing about Black Domina. I've looked it up, even regular seed is like $16 bucks ea. Wow. I'll try this strain next month. Looks like it is excellent for SOG. How do you water this kind of setup? Auto feed line, manual hand watering?

"Dark, delicious and devastating" haha gotta try this.

Looks like it is excellent for SOG. How do you water this kind of setup? Auto feed line, manual hand watering?

"Dark, delicious and devastating" haha gotta try this.

She's working pretty well with me (when I don't do stupid shit).. I'm watering by hand with a hose/reservoir/pump.

Haha, she stays true to the quote too ;-)

Impressive ! :thumb:

I love the layout and THE ROOM! Wish I had that kind of space indoors :)

Your plants are looking really good to me overall!

Nice grow! :thumb:

Sent from my iPod touch using Forum Runner

Hey, thanks Twelve!
So it turns out that week 8 starts today..

I believe they turn purple without cold. My flower cycle is set 8pm to 8am and I've been fortunate enough to catch some cold mornings, giving them a few hours of cold air before the sun heats everything up, so I am inclined to think that has helped a little, but who knows; could be genetics.

W

Back
Top Bottom