Flowering in the middle of spring?

Jessbell86

Hello everyone I am new to this site and this is my second ever little grow.
I bought some seeds from kcs. And it is growing well and looks healthy for 6 weeks However it has started flowering In The middle of spring?! It's outside in my vegi patch.
I'm thinking maybe they put an auto flowering one in with the "freebies" maybe?
Any other ideas?
I just hope the next one has a chance to grow b fore flowering.

The photo plants- non autos, flower by the seasonal light cycles. Indoors we put photo plants under 12/12 lighting (12 light 12 dark) to induce flowering. Yours is on 12/12 right now so naturally it will flower. As your daylight hours lengthen it will probably stop flowering and start to re-veg.

Oh, ok.so late spring, summer would be better? Will the buds do any good or will it just stop and start growing again lol. Funny thing. It's way bigger then my first one.
Thanks for your help.

I don't grow outdoors much because of my climate, but I see the issue come up on the forum fairly often. Generally the dividing line between veg and flower is considered to be at around 14 light /10 dark- but I would say give or take an hour. Check when you're days are getting to 14 hours and that's more or less how long you have for it to flower, at least going by the book, And things don't always go by the book. But it might give you an idea how mature the buds have a chance of getting before a reveg starts. Plants generally take about 2 or 3 weeks or so before they get fully back to veg growth. Sometimes much longer. The spring bud can be harvested if it seems worthwhile- it stops growing once the plant starts revegging- except to get more leafy.
Apply the same sort of rules to your fall calendar and you can see when your harvest might be and judge the potential weather.
I think many people just grow them through the reveg and try to flower again in the fall. I can't really speak to how well that works because I'm mostly paying attention to the indoors. Many good outdoor growers here though and you can find lots of help with these questions.

That makes sense!! I planted another one the other day which has just popped out. Lol so that one is prolly a little early as well. I'll just let them go and see what they do and endeavour to plant one when the days are longer.
I live in northern Australia, i thought I could plant anytime ha ha!

Back
Top Bottom