flowering to long

MsBadger

What happens when you keep flowering ? I am afraid I will flower to long. Do all the trichomes turn amber, or do they just fade away ?

:thanks:

as they turn amber the thc starts to degrade, but they wont just go away.
As the flowering plant gets older more and more trichomes turn amber, until all trichomes are amber? My plant is two weeks over due and I have half and half (clear and cloudy) so just wait ? Thought perhaps they just collapsed.

Thanks so very, very much ! :circle-of-love:

Just wait. Re whether to fertilize or not I'm not sure at this point- i haven't quite nailed that one down yet. Sounds like you're close to finishing so maybe not. Sometimes I just feed mollases/sugars and wait. I've gotten used to the "overdue" concept though. Even with the same strain grown from seed different phenos will have very different flowering times and no amount of denial or wishful thinking about how they "should be ready" makes any difference. If it's not ready it's not ready. I've abandoned the idea of a set time to harvest and just go by the trichomes

I was freaking a little that I missed something and had passed the harvest window.

Thanks Weaselcracker !

I was freaking a little that I missed something and had passed the harvest window.

Thanks Weaselcracker !

No problem. Others will have more expert info. Gophers, weasels, badgers, this place is swarming with helpful critters

some strains wont go amber either i have read. But I would give it a little longer. If you dont see any amber and still lots of clear, I would say you have not missed your window of harvest. Most time the breeder packaging for finish times is in perfect conditions, I had a 7 week strain that I didn't harvest until week 9 as i waited for trichs to turn amber. This caused me to cut the nutes early though, but in the end it did not affect my harvest, I got almost 14 ounces from my plant and its some nice smoke.

edit: this is my 1000 post, guess I gotta stop on an even number lol....

I also have some sativas growing outdoors that have been flowering for a long time - about 70 days now. they are looking tall and quite healthy but the buds are not fattening out...I am adding npk to the soil and they get good light (i am on the equator) anybody got any ideas how to fatten up the buds and how much longer i can let them flower for?

wisecracker is right. I have been guilty of a premature harvest, you will regret it. Just let em grow till all cloudy and then you are almost ready.

Thanks for the info! I'm getting ready to harvest too, are people putting their plants into 3 days of darkness before cutting down, does it make a difference?

Back
Top Bottom