Flowering w/ MH & HPS?

POKINSMOT

:hmmmm: i just built a hood that contains 1 400 watt HPS and 1 400 watt MH
its been doing an excelllent job through veg but am wondering if it will cause the plants to stretch too much in bloom ..
should i add more HPS or will i b ok?

theres 100 watts per sq ft (2'X4") and the tops are no further than 12" from the lights.... temp is 78 degrees farenheight with 66% humidity
thanx for any input...:smokin:

Re: flowreing w/ MH & HPS....??

:nomo:
c'mon people ..ill wait........:bong: but theres only a few daze left til they start dropping light hrs

its the best to have both MH and HPS, but if it has to be like this in order for you to get the best out of it, i would have one side 600watt system that takes both bulbs and the other 400watts system that take both bulbs....so when your in vege you put a 600watt MH and a 400 HPS so u have more blue spec of growing stage....and for Flowering you then switch the bulbs to 600 watt hps and 400 watt mh that will give out more red spec.,thats the way it has to be done.. you just have to have a lower watt and a higher watt that takes both bulbs.

hope that helps

right .... if i had a choice here maybe somthing like that would be opitional ...
ive got 2 400's MH & HPS ...... i do have another 150 HPS thats controlling some expierements.... should i add it for 550 HPS n 400 MH? :hmmmm:
i just know bigger wattage = bigger buds and figured id try the combination on this grow since they loved the combo thru veg...:peace:

Ya Do That Have A High Wattage Of Hps Then He Mh When Flowering....both Lights Are The Best The Plant So Your Doing Good. Good Luck Bro

ive added the 150 hps to the set up n things arent much different than before ...... also decided 2 do a side by side with the sun n a trash can...
to see if the sun increases THC....
thanx guys...:peace:

A even mixture of HID lights is fine and some experience growers think it is the best way to grow.
The sun doesn't change color spectrums,It has al of them so when you mix the lights like that it gives you a more even spectrum that simulates sunlight more than what a single hid can. You might want to rotate the hood or move the plants around so the lights don't concentrate on one side.
Sorry I took so long bringing this info to you.
Whatever your plans are I hope for the best on the grow.

werd

so can i just a a 2/150 watt cfl's in budding to get the same amount of light out of hid's

gren said:
so can i just a a 2/150 watt cfl's in budding to get the same amount of light out of hid's

Only if your plants are going to be about 8" tall at full ripening. CFL's don't penetrate much more than 8" down into the foliage, granted, you can have it right next to the tips and get all 8", but you would have to have some very short flowering plants I believe to get decent buds out of it. Unless, of course, you can get lights on the sides as well, that may help out.

I could also be wrong! :)

I use 2/150 CFLs for my seedlings and for clones. I also intend to use it for a mother that I will be trying to maintain in a state of bonsai. I expect I'll never be pulling more than 9 clones off her at a time, and if I do her right, they will grow str8 up and be ready for clipping off when they are about 5" high. My expectation is that keeping her under 6" unless she's sprouting clones should make CFL's work fine to keep her alive and healthy in a veg state.

WHAT IF I A HAD A RED AND BLUE SPEC'S CFLS ON THE SIDES?
but back to the first,so if i 2/200w cfl (2 top,and 1 on each side)i should be able to flower and bud my plants?

Back
Top Bottom