Flushing In Flood Drain How Long?

roundstone

Hi

I have used rdwc for a few years now and flushed for 7 to 10 days. Just got an alien flood drain system Just wondering how long you flush for???? only because the roots are in covered in water and food for about 25mins every 24hours. not 24/7 like rdwc

any advice will be great thanks all

I've had a buddy with the same issue, I think he settled on one time every 2 hours? ...

as his issue was the roots were drying out too much

Many thanks for your reply vastok my root tips are going brown so I guess they need water every 2 hours instead of every 3

Flush for the same amount of time. Just like dwc, there is no medium to hold salts, therefore, the plant is always technically "flushed" except for what is in its roots, stalk, stems, leaves and flowers. You just need the plant to break down the rest of the nutrients that it has stored up.

I run a 3x7 flood drain table. I have 2-1000w lights. I am on my 22nd day out of the cloner, my 8 plants are a foot and a half tall, and as big around. I was flooding 4 times in a 24 hour period. I have since doubled my floods. I am using GH mirco series. Am I flooding too much?

Back
Top Bottom