For all who want a card but

Re: FOR ALL OF YOU WHO WANT A CARD but..

nice post

the more people who go see thier doctor and see if thier stomache aches or headaches or anxiety or other problems can only help the cause. I think it helps with just about everything. Yeah it is used by aids and cancer patients as well but i think those exercising thier right to obtain medical marijuana for thier sleep problems does not prohibit those with cancer or aids from getting thiers. and it certainly dosent hurt the cause. There are those who will abuse almost anything. dosnt make that thing wrong.

considering how the non cannabis users are getting fed up with the pro cannabis users taking advantage of and skirting laws I predict we will see a new state law voted into California law again eventually. One that repeals the prop 215 and puts us back to square one. counties all over California are rebelling against sb420 and prop 215 still and are even putting their own restrictions on things. Most are adopting the state minimums as the county maximums which is 6 mature, 12 immature and 3 oz of finished product. Any more than that will be considered as trafficking and cultivation which puts one at risk for the federal forfeiture laws. A lot of the backwoods sheriffs are calling the feds and reporting grows now instead of investigating them themselves.. it's a way to circumvent state laws they never agreed with to begin with.
Personally I can see what the original poster was getting at and agree with it 100%. The more that take advantage for personal gain the more damage done to the movement. It's makes everything look like a joke and it makes those who are on the fence about which way they think see us in a bad way.
To encourage someone to break laws and take advantage of lax or incompetent rules to get high is no different than encouraging a herion user to rob someone for a fix.
I hate those who abuse the system. I went through hour after hour of surgeries (my last surgery lasted 13 3/4 hours total) and had artery transplant after artery transplant and knowing how hard it was for me to get a recommendation it really bothers me to see someone get a card just too get high. Go buy it on the corner if that's what you use it for but save the cards and referrals for those who truly deserve and need them.
Right or wrong these are just my opinions....

considering how the non cannabis users are getting fed up with the pro cannabis users taking advantage of and skirting laws I predict we will see a new state law voted into California law again eventually. One that repeals the prop 215 and puts us back to square one. counties all over California are rebelling against sb420 and prop 215 still and are even putting their own restrictions on things. Most are adopting the state minimums as the county maximums which is 6 mature, 12 immature and 3 oz of finished product. Any more than that will be considered as trafficking and cultivation which puts one at risk for the federal forfeiture laws. A lot of the backwoods sheriffs are calling the feds and reporting grows now instead of investigating them themselves.. it's a way to circumvent state laws they never agreed with to begin with.
Personally I can see what the original poster was getting at and agree with it 100%. The more that take advantage for personal gain the more damage done to the movement. It's makes everything look like a joke and it makes those who are on the fence about which way they think see us in a bad way.
To encourage someone to break laws and take advantage of lax or incompetent rules to get high is no different than encouraging a herion user to rob someone for a fix.
I hate those who abuse the system. I went through hour after hour of surgeries (my last surgery lasted 13 3/4 hours total) and had artery transplant after artery transplant and knowing how hard it was for me to get a recommendation it really bothers me to see someone get a card just too get high. Go buy it on the corner if that's what you use it for but save the cards and referrals for those who truly deserve and need them.
Right or wrong these are just my opinions....

RACEFAN: you have my entire 100% support on that, its not just your opinion but mine too as stated in the original post. thanks for bolstering the point that many missed or couldn't reconcile with.

Perhaps cramps falls under "chronic pain"...I'll have to look into that. Men don't suffer from those so you have no idea what they are like. Fucking painful! I'd do just about anything to rid myself of those.

It's a chronic recurring pain. It is absolutely a reason for getting a rec. I suffered for 25 years, and that is the only thing that ever gave me relief. I even got fired from a job for that, and that was after four surgeries. I was told it was not an excuse for missing work. So before I left his office, I threw up all over his desk.:smokin:

I think everyone has a valid point here. I started to rant in another thread about the same issue, but I think it's been covered here. It's discussions like this that will eventually lead to a better understanding of the law and medical marijuana.

I have a question for you...
I actually had someone tell me they got their rec for "Turf Toe". Who am I to judge, but wondering what you thought about a rec for this? Could you see why some would turn their backs to the mmj card holders and Prop 215?

Just playing the devil's advocate here.

Peace and understanding:hippy:

as far as the menstrual thing goes, men actually have a pms so to speak once every 6 weeks. this IS a PROVEN fact. Hey judah........................google the following......................NORML state by state. that will give you an accurate list of all U.S. state that are currently mmj and the penalties for those that are not.

So did anyone see the NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC doc on MARIJUANA NATION? Here they showed a a guy, with a broken finger. He applied and got the card. That's a joke and is a trojan for designing or litigating any legitamate new laws or for progressing legalization any further.

I see your point about taking advantage for just getting high.
But isnt it the same thing to get a rec for pot or for hydrocodone to deal with the pain.
Now it should be like any other perscription and have to be renewed on the returned visit for futher treatment if your problem warrants it.
I dont like pain pills as I have many a family member that was addicted to pain pills and now they are on methadone( which is a sad sight to see )and the beloved aunt, uncle and cousins are not the same people that they were before. It pains me just thinking about it. When I hurt my SI joint at work and could not walk up right for 3 months they gave me pain pills to help deal with the pain and since I could not work and got screwed over by workmans comp I didnt have the money to run to my local dealer and buy the mj I would have perfered I ended up having to deal with the withdraws when I took myself off of the pills.
So if someone gets hurt and would perfer herb over pain pills, well all I can say is that I dont blame them.
And by ther way. You should judge others like the rest of the world is trying to judge you..:peace:

I see your point about taking advantage for just getting high.
But isnt it the same thing to get a rec for pot or for hydrocodone to deal with the pain.
Now it should be like any other perscription and have to be renewed on the returned visit for futher treatment if your problem warrants it.
I dont like pain pills as I have many a family member that was addicted to pain pills and now they are on methadone( which is a sad sight to see )and the beloved aunt, uncle and cousins are not the same people that they were before. It pains me just thinking about it. When I hurt my SI joint at work and could not walk up right for 3 months they gave me pain pills to help deal with the pain and since I could not work and got screwed over by workmans comp I didnt have the money to run to my local dealer and buy the mj I would have perfered I ended up having to deal with the withdraws when I took myself off of the pills.
So if someone gets hurt and would perfer herb over pain pills, well all I can say is that I dont blame them.
And by ther way. You should judge others like the rest of the world is trying to judge you..:peace:

You have misconstrued the point of my post. Please re-interprete the post.. My original post was pointing the fact people are applying to get the card, coz A. their dealer is out, B. looking for strains C. taking advantage of the system , also each state dictates who gets a card,there is a HUGE backlog of people who need it for serious illnesses, not to mention getting a card for a broken finger is all together not inline with patients who have debilatating illnesses, chronic illnesses and pain, but get it before these other patients who are still waiting or don't get it at all. I AM full support of anyone using herb, it should available to anyone for rec or med use,and totally legalized, but its not. Furthermore you have misconstrued my thread to point out an obsolete point which is irrelevant to the original thought, please rethink what you just said. I have not punished anyone here, nor can I,nor do I want to, i can only state an opinion, as you have, a speculation,therefore have not passed judgement on anyone.

Re: For all who want a card but..

The whole reason that people smoke marijuana is for the feeling and or mental state it causes. It does something that they obviously can't do themselves. It can mellow a person with an anger problem. It can give a undereater a healthier appetite. It can uplift somebody who is feeling glum. It can help you sleep at night. I know for a fact that there are TONS of smokers who have experienced at least one of these things. That may be the reason that they are attracted to it. Whether you like the food, the mood elevation, or the calming effect, if you could accomplish those things sober, than you would. Is it so wrong then to turn to marijuana? Obviously if they weren't getting anything out of it, they wouldn't be smoking it. The side effects of marijuana aren't soley recreational. After all they could do any drug, why smoke pot? My point is that you should just rethink why people like to smoke pot. Not everybody has documentation, but what does that matter? Nobody knows you like yourself, so do what you want.

< SMOKE UP

how about people who lie to the doctors daily, to get o**ates? those people are addicted to the drug who dont use them for pain in any way and more to just abuse and/or sell them. its horrible that it happens but its just the cold hard truth

this thread wasn't about obtaining o**ates by lying to get a script.

should just keep getting it from your dealer

so that you have to be around shady crooked people with guns and hard drugs? ...and have to associate yourself with them just to get a medicine

i called up the doctor and got an appointment in 4 days... looked at my papers and problems and did a medical diagnosis

but still... who's to say to who how it will help... if it helps in ANY way, whats the problem?

:peace:
I was thinking about what you & others have said & you're right (mostly). I talked to a friend last night as well who informed me how easy it is to grow my own & for fairly inexpensive. I think that is my best route to go until more conditions are covered under "medical marijuana". Thanks for your input. I'll head over to the grow threads now :)

You are so right. And doctors also know it. There are enough seriously ill people in California and other states that really need this assistants from these doctors. You see cancer clinics being built every day. Behind those clinics doors, doctors are doing everything possible to treat and comfort these seriously ill patients. I can assure you many doctors would love to have more information/case studies on medical marijuana, and decide how to use it in their treatment plan.

When you approach Marijuana as a cure all for everything, your viewing it in a different context. Medical Marijuana laws are not intended for for the average ache, pain, or stress. When you refer to the average ache, pain or stress, your refering to the plant, in a way alcohol, tabacco, gambling, and prostitution (legal in some states) are used to relieve a persons symptoms. They are legal in some states/countries, and in others, they have yet to be viewed as a normal means for an individual to relieve the daily pressures of life.

A person who goes to a MMJ doctor, should be open to all types of treatment. Marijuana is not the cure all drug, and may not be the best choice for all patient. With a lot more case studies, it will be much easier for a doctor to understand how better to treat a patient.

The person who smokes every hour of the day for only the enjoyment of getting high, is the equivalent of the alcoholic, or the 2 pack a day cigarette smoker. Nothing good is to become of this person over the long term. At some point they will need to stop, or die.

If your one of those who enjoy smoking a couple hits a few times after work, please don't bother getting a MMJ Card. It is so much easier to just build a small grow room (I like the 2x2x 6 room), and grow your own.

If your worried about the law enforcement, join one of the many groups across the country, and help place politicians in positions that will legalize and decriminalizes marijuana for personal use. It takes people and money to get your canidate on the ballot. Its going to happen soon with everybodies help. I've heard of 18 year olds running for city mayor, and winning. Nothing is impossible if you work hard enough to get it done.

Breaking down the DEA's ability to schedule drugs is the next step needed in healthcare. This will happen by removing some of our elected officials from office, and replacing them with more qualified officials.

Who the hell runs the DEA anyway...a doctor or an FBI agent:nicethread:

A person who goes to a MMJ doctor, should be open to all types of treatment. Marijuana is not the cure all drug, and may not be the best choice for all patient. With a lot more case studies, it will be much easier for a doctor to understand how better to treat a patient.

I think a person who goes to a doctor willing to recommend Cannabis as medicine should only be open to those drugs he or she is comfortable with. Why should someone be open to narcotics for pain relief when he knows from experience that Cannabis is a safe and effective alternative? Many doctors hand out prescription medication samples given to them by large pharmaceutical companies (salesmen) to see if the drugs will mitigate the affects of physical or mental ailments. This is done without explaining the risks or side effects. Once a patient has started using these drugs he may find that the results and subsequent withdrawal symptoms can be more dangerous and troublesome than the original complaint. Cannabis does not have death as a potential side effect. Your comment about marijuana not being a cure-all drug is accurate, but scientific and anecdotal evidence suggest that it may be the closest thing we have.

The person who smokes every hour of the day for only the enjoyment of getting high, is the equivalent of the alcoholic, or the 2 pack a day cigarette smoker. Nothing good is to become of this person over the long term. At some point they will need to stop, or die.
Is this a moral judgment or an extrapolation of some previously undisclosed facts? What does this say, in your opinion, about a medical Cannabis user who will need relief all day every day for the rest of his life? Stop or die? What's the difference for a chronic recreational user? What evidence can you offer that using Cannabis all day every day will cause a person to fail ("no good is to become of this person"? I'm pretty sure that based on statistics there are millions of successful healthy people who get high on Cannabis all day every day.

I have MS . I do understand chronic pain. I don't have a CARD but I wish I did. I guess if they don't change the laws out here I may move to a different state!!! As far as people trying to get the card that don't need it. Shame on you.

i'm just wondering why everyeone started smoking in the first place?

i mean if your still smoking after a while, its got to be doing SOMETHING to HELP you (depresion.. insomnia.. and ankle pain is what cannabis helps me with) or you would stop using it....

good thread folks i am pleased at all of the valid open minded comments here.
i have smoked pot all day every day for the last 20 years and i am just fine thank you,
i am functiional and pay my bills as well as helping others with life threatening conditions feel a lil better, if this is "coming to no good" than i guess thats ok.
now regarding all of the stoners trying to get licences i can understand that they want the same protections and availability of strains as any body else. it like a dream come true for the average stoner like a 7-11 for pot.
does this make it right that the fraudulently get cards no
i think its the general gold rush attitude that is prevelant in the med industry thats the real problem, people who try to get rich off the backs of sick people are way worse than the iligitamate licenced users.
you despensary owners who charge 100- or more a quarter are the real problem. its rediculace to see some of the local co providers charging up to 600 an oz for meds.
the govt and local citizens see these folks for who they are, capitolist pigs that just want to make a buck and really dont care about the patient.
besides as someone pointed out in many states its a petty offence to posses pot but a felony to lie to the state to get a licence.
we need to get the medical mj movement out of the headlights of the feds ans these despensories are the biggist neon sign on the road.

bottom line is its about medicine for sick people
thats why i do it.
jerome

good thread folks i am pleased at all of the valid open minded comments here.
i have smoked pot all day every day for the last 20 years and i am just fine thank you,
i am functiional and pay my bills as well as helping others with life threatening conditions feel a lil better, if this is "coming to no good" than i guess thats ok.
now regarding all of the stoners trying to get licences i can understand that they want the same protections and availability of strains as any body else. it like a dream come true for the average stoner like a 7-11 for pot.
does this make it right that the fraudulently get cards no
i think its the general gold rush attitude that is prevelant in the med industry thats the real problem, people who try to get rich off the backs of sick people are way worse than the iligitamate licenced users.
you despensary owners who charge 100- or more a quarter are the real problem. its rediculace to see some of the local co providers charging up to 600 an oz for meds.
the govt and local citizens see these folks for who they are, capitolist pigs that just want to make a buck and really dont care about the patient.
besides as someone pointed out in many states its a petty offence to posses pot but a felony to lie to the state to get a licence.
we need to get the medical mj movement out of the headlights of the feds ans these despensories are the biggist neon sign on the road.

bottom line is its about medicine for sick people
thats why i do it.
jerome
Well the mentch decision was suppose to stop the dispensaries ability to operate in the same fashion but from what I see, they are all operating in the same as before. Prop 215 was never suppose to be about making money off pot and your right that $600.00 a ounce is highway robbery when I can grow a ounce for $25.00. I can understand the clubs have expenses and overhead but do they need to cover a full days worth with each ounce sold? I stopped going to clubs. Two that I belonged to have been raided and I know my personal info was found in their records twice now. That's two times more than I like so I stopped taking that chance. So thankfully I'm spared that charge because I grow my own. I feel sorry for those who are forced to pay those charges or do without though.

You said it perfectly. This legalization thing is extremely precarious and needs to be handled with care and nothing but legitimacy. I moved to Alaska in 1988 when it was legal and then the good people of the state saw fit to put it on the ballot to make it illegal and no one came out to vote to keep it legal. Let's not treat this lightly ppl.

Back
Top Bottom