Foreign Tourist Cannabis Ban Begins In Netherlands

Truth Seeker

A ban on foreign tourists buying marijuana came into effect in parts of the Netherlands today, with a protest planned in the southern city of Maastricht.

Cannabis is technically illegal in the Netherlands, but it is sold openly in small amounts in designated cafes under the country's famed tolerance policy.

The government has said that, as of today, only holders of a "weed pass" will be allowed to purchase the drug, and non-residents are not eligible.

The policy does not take effect in Amsterdam until next year, and may never do so. The city opposes the idea and the conservative national government collapsed last week.

Shop owners in Maastricht will disobey the policy, and foreign buyers plan a protest there later today.

Drying_Cannabis.jpg

News Hawk- TruthSeekr420 420 MAGAZINE
Source: independent.co.uk
Author: Associated Press
Website: Foreign tourist cannabis ban begins in Netherlands - Europe - World - The Independent

Can someone going please protest for me as well? I've been to A'dam 9 times. I actually smoked less with each trip I took there. I never abused it while I was there. I purchased all I smoked from a legal establish Coffee Shops. I enjoyed the museums, sights, and people, whom I made some good friends that kept me returning. I don't drink alcohol and I guess I'm an old stoner of 56 years. It would sure be a shame to go back and not enjoy some good smoke or to have my friends purchase it for me and have them do something wrong.

Back
Top Bottom