Fruits additives when you grow for flavor

Dillyweed

420 Member
Hi guys

I am a grower in South Africa over the years I have been experimenting with adding Fruit flavors to my plants when they start flowering

I have tried this on all strains that I have and noticed a difference in each .

So here is what I do

Plant starts flowering I grow in pots out doors ( I find I can control the growth better this way )

Take 1litre of fresh orange juice or Apple or grape as long as it is fresh juice , I then mix with water and feed 250ml into a 20l pot 1 a week then water normally ,

I also do the same by using beer same mixture same pot size and frequency.

Try also 1 teaspoon of brown sugar diluted I find this helps with the crystals

We have high temperatures here I plant November for cropping end February

Give it a try and let see what you think

Nutrients can and will effect smells and flavors. Some basic sugars can help with plant sweetness.

Your not going to get any flavors from just adding them to the soil. It may or may not affect plant growth. If a plant does not need it it is better to not add it. If you add something they don't like you are screwed. Best to just grow your plants the best you can. If you want different flavors you need to change strains.

Nutrients can and will effect smells and flavors. Some basic sugars can help with plant sweetness.

Your not going to get any flavors from just adding them to the soil. It may or may not affect plant growth. If a plant does not need it it is better to not add it. If you add something they don't like you are screwed. Best to just grow your plants the best you can. If you want different flavors you need to change strains.
I am not getting "Orange Flavor" as such but I find taste difference depending on what I add , not sure how it works but the beer plants taste different I would say smoother but thanks for the heads up the sugars you speak of what are they ?

O and strains we battle to get here I am growing mainly Kush and Skunk I have some white widow seeds but I am saving them for my next grow

thanks

I didn't get into it to much. I would hate to tell you to use a certain one when others are better. You should be able to find lots of info on it. I know it should be unrefined sugar. Had to get it at health food store when I first heard of it so I never tried it. It has been around long enough to have confirmation that it does work. Which is best I don't know.

IMHO the best taste we get from our plants are in the genetic makeup.
You root system loved the sugars, yeast and water, your beneficial organisms loved the pulpy mass. IMHO!
However, again IMHO, I find molasses as important to my grow as Nitrogen is. I do not believe in mass amount to be given all at once, but a compliment to your watering/tea applications.
I also use and believe in organic practices, and using what you got.
For some years now, I've been grinding up my kitchen scraps, into a slurry of water.
I call that mess Dinosaur Vomit, and for years used it on my outdoor plants, and watched them do very well.
Once I found the world of beneficial organisms, and added them to the DV, and then added that into my tea tote, with an airstone, I started using that tea, on my indoor plants as well.
Quickly I realized I needed to dial down the amount of organic fertilizers I needed.
I also had to increase the amount of chunky fiber in my medium mix, and added Coco Husks, to make a hotel for my beneficial organisms, so when roots show up, a big orgy starts and lasts until I cull my plants.
These were just figuring out how much ferts to be adding to grow lettuce, we had picked each tub 3-4 times, and just used DV for nutrients. The following year we used a bit of alfalfa, kelp, and some Acid mix from DrEarth.
So man, IMHO, buy some oranges, you drink the juice, the plants gets the peels!! LOL!!
Best to ya!

Attachments

• IMG_8117.JPG
    IMG_8117.JPG
    477.5 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_8125.JPG
    IMG_8125.JPG
    520.8 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_8127.JPG
    IMG_8127.JPG
    601.9 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_8132.JPG