Manipulating Plant Color? And Flavor?

well after do a bunch more research, ( gonna attempt it on 1 of my black jack ladies) that you can use food grade dye to change the plant color safely.. its been proven to work on other flowers and plants, so i dont see why it wouldnt work with mmj..

The extracts that work best are hard candy flavoring oils

They cause no harm to plants and are 4x or more stronger than
Store bought extracts. You can buy them online or
Some candy store that sells candy making product.

They work. How do u think they got bubble gum weed?

Dye works on daises. I have been trying it in weed but so far
Nothing with the red. Going to try blue.

Time for some edjumacation TERROIR (ter-wah) French word. No known English translation. Yet there is no mystery about terroir. Everyone -- or at least every place -- has one. Your garden and mine have terroirs; probably several. The front and back of your house almost certainly offer different growing conditions for plants. That is all terroir means.

At its most restrictive the word means soil. By extension, and in common use, it means much more. It embraces the dirt itself, the subsoil beneath it, its physical properties and how they relate to the local climate -- for example how quickly it drains rainwater, whether it reflects sunlight or absorbs its heat. It embraces the lie of the land: its degree of slope, its orientation to the sun, and the tricks of its microclimate that spring from its location and surroundings.

Thus if the foot of a slope is frost-prone, the fact is an aspect of the terroir. Warmth or mist arising from nearby water is another -Cooling afternoon or evening breezes off a body of water, such as is the case in many coastal areas of California, will also have an effect. An east slope that catches the morning sun may have identical soil to a west slope that warms up later in the day and holds the evening rays: its terroir is different --Making the things grown in it taste different. Its no mystery.
I experimented with Rose and Mint planted next to my crop, the buds have a distinct flavor, all the characteristics of its phenom along with a hint of rose and a minty finish. Next year I am trying strawberries.:peace:

You are truly one with your garden. Truly a rewarding gift to cultivate earths gifts. I've been dieing to grow strawberries..

I bought some black food coloring. Going to try that on one of my plants that will be finished soon. Be awesome if I got dark ass weed :) exotic is good but it feels like cheating. I've seen this one strain that grows almost black.

Lolz. You're putting candy "flavoring" on herbs. Great job idiot. Are you aware that this is referred to as "adulteration?" aka tampering with a natural product? I guess you are incapable of growing a decent strain because you have to rely on deceit and fake flavors to make a nugget taste good. This whole discussion echoes why sellers are held in such low regard in many areas of the country: they are introducing bogus, sometimes dangerous adulterants into what should be a simple, straightforward product. If you can't grow a decent tasting nugget naturally, you are useless. Sorry.

Anyone who adds "flavor extracts" to bud..... is ret@rded. Sorry. If you can't make one of the finest tasting plants on earth taste good BY ITSELF, you don't know what you are doing.

Ok I expect every online forum has plenty of orphan threads, people visit and make comments then move on from that discussion, so this is normal. It was started in in 2011 and the last entry was 2014 until you bumped it up again.

Coloring & flavoring buds is not a hugely popular theme right now and some of this is pure crap IMHO. First I don’t think that bubblegum flavors were added to weed to create bubblegum strains, it’s the natural terpene expression of that phenotype. Seedfinder.eI tells us there are about 20,000 known strain crosses that are catalogued in there database. Those strains have been labeled bubblegum because the terpene profile tasted like bubblegum to the breeder. Or it was a cross of two strains like jimbos farts & monkey testicles so they called it jimbos nuts.

anyway I’m not a pro just a geek that’s interested in this too

Ok I expect every online forum has plenty of orphan threads, people visit and make comments then move on from that discussion, so this is normal. It was started in in 2011 and the last entry was 2014 until you bumped it up again.

Coloring & flavoring buds is not a hugely popular theme right now and some of this is pure crap IMHO. First I don’t think that bubblegum flavors were added to weed to create bubblegum strains, it’s the natural terpene expression of that phenotype. Seedfinder.eI tells us there are about 20,000 known strain crosses that are catalogued in there database. Those strains have been labeled bubblegum because the terpene profile tasted like bubblegum to the breeder. Or it was a cross of two strains like jimbos farts & monkey testicles so they called it jimbos nuts.

anyway I’m not a pro just a geek that’s interested in this too
Hey 13, there you are. I suppose you read these comments, that saves time. I will add my thoughts to your post.
I jüst added lime zest (2T) and cinnamon powder (1T) to the top 3" of soil prior to transplanting seedlings into final pots.

How do you propose I might add more lime zest? More cinnamon powder? One ATF 5 gal. pot even got some powdered pine pitch sort of like Mastica. Right now the plants are only 3 weeks old from seed. I added directly amendments directly into soil prior to transplanting from jiffy pellet/solo cup to 3 gallon pot of dirt.
I figured or fantasized the Alaska Thunder Fuck would be happy in pine trees so she got the pine pitch.

ok sorry should have been more specific, you are golden for now! obviously repeat waterings will distribute and diminish any additive. idk maybe boost it again 2 more times once near the flip (before during after) my guess would be week or two after pistils pop but that’s swag and another application a week or two before harvest. add as top dress

huh, not familiar with mastica but yes anything that carries scent or flavor

oh man i love pine

Back
Top Bottom