Flavoring herb?

Hydro-Guy

I read somewhere that if you add sugar to your crop in the last two weeks it makes your buds swell and become sweet.

If this is true I had an idea for a root beer float weed.

The idea is to take 2-3 vanilla kush plants and add root beer extract or flavor to the water for the last two weeks. During the curing prossece I will take a few vanilla beans and crush them. Put them in a small peace of cheese cloth and drop it in the mason jar.

Any input, ideas, or is this one of the times i should put my bong down and stop thinking?

I read somewhere that if you add sugar to your crop in the last two weeks it makes your buds swell and become sweet.

If this is true I had an idea for a root beer float weed.

The idea is to take 2-3 vanilla kush plants and add root beer extract or flavor to the water for the last two weeks. During the curing prossece I will take a few vanilla beans and crush them. Put them in a small peace of cheese cloth and drop it in the mason jar.

Any input, ideas, or is this one of the times i should put my bong down and stop thinking?

Dont ever put the bong down or you will stop thinking outside the box.

Test this pls lol

Im not gonna tell you to put the bong down nor am I gonna tell you to stop thinking outside the box. I will say that your not the first person to try these sorts of things. Nutrient companies, specifically Grotek, sell flavored flushing agents; Pina Colada Final Flush, Blueberry Final Flush, etc. It doesn't work. Think about it this way. Your not gonna make a tomato taste like a blueberry by pouring in blueberry flavored anything. You can only enhance the taste the genetics of the plant provide. Lemon skunk is high in limonene, Trainwrecks high in alpha-pinene. Lemon skunk smells citrusy, trainwrecks piney. This are two examples of natural terpenes which Cannabis is high in. Adding root beer flavoring to Vanilla Kush will not give you Root Beer Float Kush. However, adding simple sugars and complex carbohydrates to you plants nutrient mix will bring out the natural flavors and smells of said Vanilla Kush. If your growing in soil I suggest unsulphured blackstrap Molasses. Whole Foods brands is best as it is also naturally high in Magnesium, B12, Potassium, all sorts of goodies along with Carbohydrates. If you cannot find Whole Foods brand go with Grandma's Molasses. If your growing in hydro try a combination of Botanicare's Sweet and Advanced Nutrients CarboLoad. And yes Sweet does come in multiple flavors. Grape, Berry, Citrus, and Raw or unflavored. And no, using Grape Sweet will not makes your plants taste like Grapes. I usually just go with Citrus but if you like match the flavor to the strain. Grape for Purples. Blueberry for Blueberries and some Indica dominant varieties, and Citrus for most Kushes, Diesels, O.G.'s and sativas. If you want to simplify things in Hydro just go with Advanced Nutrients Bud Candy. It combines their CarboLoad with some Sweet like ingredients but it will get expensive compared to just using Sweet and powdered CarboLoad.

Im not gonna tell you to put the bong down nor am I gonna tell you to stop thinking outside the box. I will say that your not the first person to try these sorts of things. Nutrient companies, specifically Grotek, sell flavored flushing agents; Pina Colada Final Flush, Blueberry Final Flush, etc. It doesn't work. Think about it this way. Your not gonna make a tomato taste like a blueberry by pouring in blueberry flavored anything. You can only enhance the taste the genetics of the plant provide. Lemon skunk is high in limonene, Trainwrecks high in alpha-pinene. Lemon skunk smells citrusy, trainwrecks piney. This are two examples of natural terpenes which Cannabis is high in. Adding root beer flavoring to Vanilla Kush will not give you Root Beer Float Kush. However, adding simple sugars and complex carbohydrates to you plants nutrient mix will bring out the natural flavors and smells of said Vanilla Kush. If your growing in soil I suggest unsulphured blackstrap Molasses. Whole Foods brands is best as it is also naturally high in Magnesium, B12, Potassium, all sorts of goodies along with Carbohydrates. If you cannot find Whole Foods brand go with Grandma's Molasses. If your growing in hydro try a combination of Botanicare's Sweet and Advanced Nutrients CarboLoad. And yes Sweet does come in multiple flavors. Grape, Berry, Citrus, and Raw or unflavored. And no, using Grape Sweet will not makes your plants taste like Grapes. I usually just go with Citrus but if you like match the flavor to the strain. Grape for Purples. Blueberry for Blueberries and some Indica dominant varieties, and Citrus for most Kushes, Diesels, O.G.'s and sativas. If you want to simplify things in Hydro just go with Advanced Nutrients Bud Candy. It combines their CarboLoad with some Sweet like ingredients but it will get expensive compared to just using Sweet and powdered CarboLoad.

I like that this is your first post :thumb: If it doesn't flavor it why would they make flavored flushes? That's stupid.
I have a soil growing friend that I will suggest the molasses too.
OH Thank you for breaking the reason it wont work down for me.

Im sure there is some scientific explanation for why not and unless it was an experiment on some old dirt weed plant. Would stress or kill the plant most likely, extracts are mostly alcohol based as the solvant to suspend the oils. Or alkaline base`s to extract the "essensial oils" to perfume something. Either one or in combo is nothing that can help or improve your plant. That like adding 2 or 3 shots of Cuervio or desiel / karosene for that fuel BITE!! I wouldn`t want to waste time and money invested in my Widows or P. Express. I tell you what, it would be real cool to add alittle "kool-aid" flavor or that grape BUBBLISSHUSS BUBBLE GUM!!! That was a manditory item in High School along with Shrade lock blade w/belt case. You could tell the pot smokers because the gum was so strong tasting / smelling. There where so many of us out there before lunch burnin away!! We were allowed to use the back practice fields at lunch for friss-bee and the smoking area. It was so large if you walked to far side of field and with back to school. Smoke a joint like a cigerette and chew a piece of that. Then stand in line while giggling ass off . When we all got in line it smelt like High-C or Kool-ade bomb went off!! HUBBA-BUBBA was also agood one, would chew a piece of bannana with a piece of watermelon or strawberry!!
:high-five: :peace: :theband:

Thanks... Anyway, yeah molasses is good in soil but depending on his grow style be careful on how much he adds. Molasses is a natural chelator which means it breaks down nutrients into more accessible forms. Sounds good obviously but in some organic soil situations it can be a little much. I'd try it first in compost teas if he is an organic grower. If hes not than never mind. Have at it. Add about a tablespoon a gallon the last 3 or 4 weeks of flower. And Im not really saying you shouldn't use molasses in hydro setups (just be careful if your using aeroponics, drip immiters, or small hoses of any kind, it can gunk stuff up quick) just that CarboLoad and Sweet is better in hydro. If you don't have the cash for both, Sweet is pricey (but you only need to use it half strength) but powdered CarboLoad is pretty cheap. Still if you don't want to spend the cash use molasses in hydro. Just remember to step it up to CarboLoad when you make your first million. ; )

p.s CarboLoad and Bud Candy are made by Advanced Nutrients. Some people love them and some people hate them. They are very divisive. Just remember that it is actually illegal for companies to list a lot of ingredients that they use. If everyone knew all the different things that Advanced Nutrients puts into their nutes compared to say General Hydroponics, all lot more people would love Advanced. I heard someone say on this forum that you shouldn't but Bud Candy because all it lists on its bottle for ingredients is Magnesium Sulfate and that Magnesium Sulfate is just epsom salts, therefore Bud Candy is just epsom salts and molasses. This is ludicrous. First of all there is no molasses in Bud Candy they use complex carbohydrates that no other company uses. Moreover, there are all sorts of amino acids, proteins, dna precursors, botanical extracts, terpenes that are in Bud Candy but that they are not legally allowed to list on the bottle. I personally like Advanced a lot. They are really the only company that makes nutrients for the plants we grow and caters to the medical marijuana community. They have been kicked out of all the major grow shows ran by Sun Systems, General Hydroponic, Maximum Yield and the rest of the good ol' boys. And i wish people in this community would give a little more props for the only company that speaks the truth about marijuana, makes nutrients designed to grow marijuana, and has been ostracized by the other hydro businesses for their views. Well thats my little diatribe.

Back
Top Bottom