Flavoring your bud

Oz3

I was wanting to know what the most effective way to flavor my buds. And what is the best extracts with the best success rates in taste by experience from people on here? Should I do it before harvest or after?

Thanks, appreciate
These are the plants "white widow skunk"

Attachments

• IMG_20200605_160400812.jpg
    IMG_20200605_160400812.jpg
    1,006.4 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_20200604_115839861.jpg
    IMG_20200604_115839861.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 44
I’m not sure how to flavor after harvest. I use botanicare flavoring which will boost the scent and taste if that terpene is present in the plant. Otherwise purpinator will boost the terps inherent in your strain and boost purple colors if the potential is in your strain. I guess you could put some drops of tasty puff on it I’ve also heard of people using kool aid powder but I wouldn’t want to. You plants look super by the way. Great job!

You can buy terpenes online somewhere
Seen a website from balck market growers in bc canada last year and was to be used in extract for vape pens
Never tried it

He’s talkin bout buds I think though .I don’t know. I do t think there’s any magic bud flavoring out there but what do I know:hmmmm:

I’m not sure how to flavor after harvest. I use botanicare flavoring which will boost the scent and taste if that terpene is present in the plant. Otherwise purpinator will boost the terps inherent in your strain and boost purple colors if the potential is in your strain. I guess you could put some drops of tasty puff on it I’ve also heard of people using kool aid powder but I wouldn’t want to. You plants look super by the way. Great job!
I already use a great terpine enhancer. I've already noticed the very dark purple coming in. You ever hear of using extracts before harvest?

Google it. Big businesses are saying it works. I was just asking to see if anyone had any experience at it.

Not true, roots will be impacted by anything you put in to feed them with to a certain point, no you won’t get the same effects 1 for 1 but check this..... a while back I had fungus gnats out the wazoo. So at one point I was misting the soil and getting the gnats wet too then sprinkling cinnamon powder on them, they hate that shit (temporary fix until I could get the mosquito dunks). Anywho yes later on the buds had strong cinnamon nose when huffing on raw buds to check flavor, very clean very antiseptic but it had muted cinnamon terps no doubt about it that was way different than before crop dusting the gnats with cinnamon.

But yes I agree there’s no need to monkey get good genetics to start with but yes whatever you feed no matter the media if it gets on roots or foliar spray that’s gonna impact taste, smell and terps.

Thanks guys! Yeah now to be honest I crop dusted those fungus gnats with cinnamon for couple weeks there before I read about the mosquito dunks, so cinnamon was definitely in the soil & carried down to root-zone by watering. It had a super enticing smell and yes I can see how the roots and biomass could absorb any scent from the environment.

Never will forget stumbling across a couple of pot plants in the woods near my house. The grower put the fur and hide of a roadkill skunk in the middle of his plot. I thought he was trying to make skunk weed since he scattered skunk hair on each plant. I later found that was merely a deer & animal repellent.

Thanks guys! Yeah now to be honest I crop dusted those fungus gnats with cinnamon for couple weeks there before I read about the mosquito dunks, so cinnamon was definitely in the soil & carried down to root-zone by watering. It had a super enticing smell and yes I can see how the roots and biomass could absorb any scent from the environment.

Never will forget stumbling across a couple of pot plants in the woods near my house. The grower put the fur and hide of a roadkill skunk in the middle of his plot. I thought he was trying to make skunk weed since he scattered skunk hair on each plant. I later found that was merely a deer & animal repellent.
Lol. That sounds like a bad way to go about flavoring your shit. But I did hear about a guy using organic fish fertilizer in the flowering stage and said it was a bad mistake on the finished product.

Back
Top Bottom