Future Grow Room Suggestions?

Dewalt144

Alright so i have been saving up to build my dream grow room. I have around 4500 to spend and already have the space.

The room is a 7' x 14' space with 7 foot ceilings that was originally built to be a wine cellar. It has a water connection and electric running into the room.

Current Design:
- ebb and grow 12 plant system
- ez clone 30 site system
- Drip Feed Hydroponic System
- 2x GrowBright 8" Inline Fan & Charcoal Filter Combo (one for the room, one for the 3x 8" easycool reflectors)
- 2x 500 CFM Squirrel Cage Fans to bring cool air in from the basement, dont want a vacuum Flow IN = Flow OUT
- 3x Digital Electronic 600 watt HPS Grow Lights
- 3x EasyCool 8" Reflector
- SunMaster 600w HPS Bulb & SunMaster 600w MH Conversion Bulbs
- CAP CO2/Temp/Humidity Controller
- omniflect rolls for the walls, white tarp for the floors
- Reverse Osmosis Water Filtration System

The basement is unfinished and is about 1700 sq ft. I was planing on not running any duct outside to expel the heat. In the summer the basement is around 4-6 degrees cooler than the rest of the house. I was hoping that the space outside the grow room will remain cool enough to cool the grow room (if that makes any sense)

The grow room temps/ basement temps are my biggest worry because of the 3x 600 watt Grow Lights, so i was thinking about doing a LED System like this one:
High Tech Garden Supply

Maybe get 2x of the 300 watt LED Systems and one 600 watt HPS system instead of the 3 600 watt grow lights?

I know that the initial cost will be greater but the electricity savings/piece of mind should cover the cost. My only worry is my yield wont be very good if i do LEDs.......

The grow plan is to use the drip feed system to grow the mothers and then use the ez clone site to clone : ) and then move the clones over to the ebb and drip system when they are ready...... I figure the 600 watt HPS system should do about 4 plants, so 3 systems * 4 plants a system = 12 plants

Also could i use a CO2 system in the room or would the fans kill any gains i get?

I will be buying most of my equipment from HTGsupply in a few weeks since they seem to have good prices and are fairly close. Any suggestions?

Dewalt144 Welcome to 420:smokin:
The basement is unfinished and is about 1700 sq ft. I was planing on not running any duct outside to expel the heat. In the summer the basement is around 4-6 degrees cooler than the rest of the house. I was hoping that the space outside the grow room will remain cool enough to cool the grow room (if that makes any sense)

The grow room temps/ basement temps are my biggest worry because of the 3x 600 watt Grow Lights, so i was thinking about doing a LED System like this one: do you have at least a 20 amp breaker for the 3 600W HPS? The room will handle this easily with adequate intake and exhaust.
High Tech Garden Supply

Maybe get 2x of the 300 watt LED Systems and one 600 watt HPS system instead of the 3 600 watt grow lights? You'll get a much more generous yield using the the 3x 600w hps

I know that the initial cost will be greater but the electricity savings/piece of mind should cover the cost. My only worry is my yield wont be very good if i do LEDs....... Start ussing the 600w HPS's as 2 in veg and 3 in Bud. It will cover your area span and also save on costs and produce better quality and quanity.

The grow plan is to use the drip feed system to grow the mothers and then use the ez clone site to clone : ) and then move the clones over to the ebb and drip system when they are ready...... I figure the 600 watt HPS system should do about 4 plants, so 3 systems * 4 plants a system = 12 plants

Also could i use a CO2 system in the room or would the fans kill any gains i get?
Yes you can.

thanks for the quick response, do you think that the 3x HPS system will cover the 12 plants? How about 16? (just incase i decide to do more)

The room is on a 30amp breaker with 2 outlets

You're talking 1200 watts for 12 plants - seems like overkill, man.

I dunno what you're trying to grow - 8' plants, or 3 pounds each, but it seriously seems like you have an ideal setup and are just overthinking it.

Chill out, grow what you need, and enjoy! Damn.

Back
Top Bottom