General Hydroponics Flora Trio

Life was so much easier before everything was so "woke". I've used this product for over 15 years and it hasn't harmed me yet. I've been sticking seeds in dirt since before a lot of you were born, but according to what I read, I was damn lucky I harvested anything... I was once told, if you can grow pepper plants, you can grow weed. Guess I'm lucky.
I've moved onto remo nutes after 5 grows with the GH trio.
I will say this. Pound for pound GH trio is still the most potent less is more nutrient on the market. I could feed half strength or less during flower still get nute burn. Moneys wise huge savings in nutes

My hydro store stopped carrying it so I moved onto REMO after many good reviews. Remo is also a good product so far a little less salt buildup than the GH TRIO.

I still keep a bottle of GH 10/10 pk booster and their flora-kleen for flushing.

Love the remo line so far tho.
But if you want to save money. And keep it simple with 3 part system nothing else. Flora series from GH the way to go in my opinion.

I used to love General Hydroponics' products, especially their three-part Flora series. Company started by a guy that was literally a rocket scientist in the '70s (worked in the industry, at least). Was growing his own, mixing up his own nutrients (from their components, not a couple of "Hydroponics Nutrients™" jugs), and his buddy told him he ought to start selling them to other people. Went from a scientist mixing nutrients in his spare time to (eventually) selling them to NASA for use in orbit, lol. Clean and stable nutrients. Between the base and the supplements, one has the ability to tailor one's feeding to just about any plant in existence (cannabis or otherwise). Probably did more to introduce the world of cannabis growers to the concept of hydroponics than any other entity.

Fast foward, lo these many years... and the founder / former owner of General Hydroponics sold the company to... The Scotts Miracle-Gro monster. Someone was kind enough to give me a set of their three-part this year, and I have some (old) bottles of supplements from past purchases. So I'll continue to use the products until my current supply is gone. But I doubt I'll ever buy any more, and have real trouble recommending anyone else do so; I don't believe in feeding the monsters. This particular one has been (and continues) to buy up companies that have been big names in the hydroponics/cannabis industry. Which should have even those who don't care who ends up being their "masters" - S-MG has been caught knowingly selling bird feed that was full of... bird poison. It's also in bed with other huge entities that are less than friendly to the human race, like Monsanto.

Is the Hawthorne Gardening Company a Wolf in Sheep’s Clothing for the Cannabis Industry? - CULTURE | MERRY JANE

General advice time: Before buying a product (any product), ask yourself this: Who profits from my custom?

I've kind of been a fan of Osmocote Plus controlled-release fertilizer, too - and they bought that company.

1993 - Bought the Grace-Sierra Horticultural Products Company (Osmocote, Metro-Mix, Banrot, Peters, etc.).
1988 - Bought Hyponex (the largest producer and marketer of organic growing media products in the US).
1997 - Bought Levington Horticulture Ltd. (the U.K.'s leading producer of consumer and professional lawn fertilizer, organics and horticultural products).
1998 - Bought EarthGro, Inc.
1998 - Bought 80% of plant breeding company Sanford Scientific, Inc.
1998 - Bought Rhône-Poulenc Jardin (continental Europe's largest consumer lawn and garden products company).
1998 - Scotts MG entered into a collaboration with the Monsanto Company ("...Under the agreement, Scotts and Monsanto agreed to share technologies, including Monsanto's extensive genetic library of plant traits and Scotts' proprietary gene gun technology...").
1999 - Closer ties with Monsanto (Roundup, Ortho, et cetera).
2005 - Bought Morning Song birdfood brand (...and procedes to kills massive amounts of birds over the next three years or so).
2015 - Realized that some people don't like the name Scotts Miracle-Gro (for some reason:rolleyes: ) and decided to form Hawthorne Gardening Company shell company in hopes of obfuscating the real ownership of its purchases.
2015 - Bought General Hydroponics.
2015 - Bought VermiCorp Organics.
2016 - Bought Gavita Horticultural Lighting.
2016 - Bought American Agritech (aka Botanicare).
2017 - Bought Can-Filters (Canadian carbon filter and fan company).
2018 - Bought Sunlight Supply, Inc.

I skipped several, BtW.
I’m In uk and found out that the company ‘terra aquatica’ is still owned by that original owner of gh the scientist and they have kept the nutrients the same, so if you want your old bottles look up ‘terra aquatica tri part’

Back
Top Bottom