Adding silicate to my schedule

Boed styles420

Hello I am curently using General hydroponics nutrients line up and just about to add armor si silicate supplement, I was wondering if there is anything I need to know befor using it besides adding it to water first and how much, is half the recommended dose Ok or? also can i just add it strait in to my feeding schedule without having to addjust any of the other neuts? I'm using flora trio + calimagic and now going to be using armor si i cant remember the exact measurements I have written down in my journal back at home, any help and info would be much appreciated thank you.

Hello I am curently using General hydroponics nutrients line up and just about to add armor si silicate supplement, I was wondering if there is anything I need to know befor using it besides adding it to water first and how much, is half the recommended dose Ok or? also can i just add it strait in to my feeding schedule without having to addjust any of the other neuts? I'm using flora trio + calimagic and now going to be using armor si i cant remember the exact measurements I have written down in my journal back at home, any help and info would be much appreciated thank you.

add it before cal / mag, and stir while adding to the water. i've been using 1ml / gallon and i usually only use it in flower. but that's just to save on nutes.

add it before cal / mag, and stir while adding to the water. i've been using 1ml / gallon and i usually only use it in flower. but that's just to save on nutes.
1ml per gallon ok thanks il start with that and see how i go i feed with every watering so am I ok to use it everyday or just a few times a week or? I'm led to believe it's a great supplement I can't wait to start using it.

1ml per gallon ok thanks il start with that and see how i go i feed with every watering so am I ok to use it everyday or just a few times a week or? I'm led to believe it's a great supplement I can't wait to start using it.

What medium are you growing in? Its safe to use every watering. You can use all the way up to 5ml per gallon. You just have to watch that silica products are base in nature and can raise your pH a bunch. You also may want to look at my signature on how to make your own. It's way cheaper than buying it pre-made and paying for someone else to add water to some powder. It's super simple! The same can be said for Cal-Mag products. You can buy a bag of powder and make a gallon for just a bit more than what you'd pay for a quart.

I use it daily from sprout at 1ml per gallon......it produces some amazing stems.
This plant is only 21 days from sprout.......check out the stem.
IMG_1535.JPG

My grow store guy said adding silica to my feedwater isn't very efficient they take it in way better as a foliar spray. I add it to the neem oil I must ENDLESSLY apply to rid myself of the aphids made of kevlar that seem to have hunkered into the pot condo perminently.

What medium are you growing in? Its safe to use every watering. You can use all the way up to 5ml per gallon. You just have to watch that silica products are base in nature and can raise your pH a bunch. You also may want to look at my signature on how to make your own. It's way cheaper than buying it pre-made and paying for someone else to add water to some powder. It's super simple! The same can be said for Cal-Mag products. You can buy a bag of powder and make a gallon for just a bit more than what you'd pay for a quart.
Yay another rabbit hole to climb down lol. Thanks

Hey thanks mate will check them out for shure anything to save a dollar haha

Sorry I forgot to mention I'm growing in coco/perlight in 3gallon fabric pots

I use it daily from sprout at 1ml per gallon......it produces some amazing stems.
This plant is only 21 days from sprout.......check out the stem.
IMG_1535.JPG
Yer cool I know a few people that swear by it and don't work with out it nealy every one I have talked with say they have noticed a big difference with stem strength and the plants resistance to strees .

Yer cool I know a few people that swear by it and don't work with out it nealy every one I have talked with say they have noticed a big difference with stem strength and the plants resistance to strees .

yeah i think i might start using it in veg now too.

I USE SILICA BLAST WITH ALL MY OTHER NUTES. I ALWAYS MAKE SURE TO ASD SOLICABLAST FIRST AND THEN SHAKE UP THE NUTES THEN ADD CAL MAG AND THEN SHAKE AND THEN THE REST OF THE NUTES. I USE SILICA EVERY 2-3 waterINGS OR ONCE EVERY TWO WEEKS? DEPENDS SOMETIMES I FORGET I USE IT ALL THE WAY TO WEEK4-5 FLOWER

I add silica first, depending on the brand some can go a bit gooey , then cal mag and then you main nutes

I add silica first, 5 ml’s per gal. of feed water( Rhino skin) made for hidro but works great in soil and airate water for 24 hours before adding
Any thing else. And ph lastly right before watering. The stems are stronger and more flexible if continued use at each watering. It’s great for training and more.
I start feeding silica as seedlings and continue till the flush. Growers luv

I dont treat it any different than any other nute . But I do find myself doing z7 , then Cali, then silica, followed by whatever else is needed . I only add it once at bucket change . Hope this helps :)

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    841.7 KB · Views: 6,785
  • image.png
    image.png
    698.2 KB · Views: 936
I add silica first, depending on the brand some can go a bit gooey , then cal mag and then you main nutes
on the GH armor si it says to stir while adding it to the water. so i always do that. my water is about 7.6 out of the tap. i bring it down to about 5.5 then ad armor si. while stirring lol

on the GH armor si it says to stir while adding it to the water. so i always do that. my water is about 7.6 out of the tap. i bring it down to about 5.5 then ad armor si. while stirring lol

You ph your water before Nutes?
Gh nite line feed schedule should bring you pretty close to acceptable ranges ? I was always told to ph at the end . RARELY if EVER have I had to use a ph buffer maybe a ml of ph down ?

You ph your water before Nutes?
Gh nite line feed schedule should bring you pretty close to acceptable ranges ? I was always told to ph at the end . RARELY if EVER have I had to use a ph buffer maybe a ml of ph down ?

yeah because the armor si brings the pH up to about 8.5 - 9. i don't want to put the nutes in with that base. i've read that if you ad nutes to water that is really high or really low in pH it can mess with the nutes somehow.

Back
Top Bottom