Genuine Grand Daddy Purple - Ken's Cut

:bravo:First of all, THANK YOU for your excellent posts. I also love Kens GDP and searched for a while for my first clones.

I have been struggling with cloning my Kens GDP mom for weeks. I have tried several different cloning solutions and gels and so far, I have had very little success getting them to root. After cutting more than 50 clones, I have only had one lone survivor (she is growing very nicely 5 weeks after planting).

I have cloned several types of og, blue dream, white widow, strawberry cough, sour diesel, northern lights, purple kush, purple fire and a few others.

My gdp mother is big and bushy and very healthy under T-5 lights along with my other moms. I know that it seems to take several days longer than other strains to root, but I do not understand why I am having such difficulty with Kens gdp.

Do you have ANY suggestions?

- Paul P

:bravo:First of all, THANK YOU for your excellent posts. I also love Kens GDP and searched for a while for my first clones.

I have been struggling with cloning my Kens GDP mom for weeks. I have tried several different cloning solutions and gels and so far, I have had very little success getting them to root. After cutting more than 50 clones, I have only had one lone survivor (she is growing very nicely 5 weeks after planting).

I have cloned several types of og, blue dream, white widow, strawberry cough, sour diesel, northern lights, purple kush, purple fire and a few others.

My gdp mother is big and bushy and very healthy under T-5 lights along with my other moms. I know that it seems to take several days longer than other strains to root, but I do not understand why I am having such difficulty with Kens gdp.

Do you have ANY suggestions?

- Paul P

Hey Paul, when you are preparing your clones, do you scrape the stalks sides lightly the last inch or so from the bottom of the stalk? I have great success cutting the clone stem from the mother but before I dip it into the hormone, I cut the stem again, at an exaggerated 45 degree angle and I gently scrape the sides of the last inch or so of the stalk. Dip it in the solution and immediately place it into a cube or other media and the scraping of the stalk will allow roots to grow like crazy. I trim off all leaves except for the top 2 or 3 but I cut those leaves in half so that it still produces photosynthesis but the lack of roots (it's a fresh cut clone) will not cause the clone to stress to the point that it dies. I leave the t-5 or any other grow light source on 24-7 for a week to 10 days and I keep the plug moist but not soaked. I have actually grown clones by simply placing them in what is referred to in the "fish aquarium world" as egg crate. It is actually a plastic sheet of 1/2 inch squares, I drop the clones into it and set it on top of one of my fish tanks with the stems submerged in the tank water (fresh water of course, make sure fish do not eat roots) and they will grow a magnificent root structure which I then place into my super soil mix. My own recipe of worm castings, vermiculite, perlite, lime and garden soil. I keep them under the t-5's till it's time to top them, then they go under my 600w HPS keeping a close vigil to make sure they do not stress out because of the change in light intensity. If they look like the leaves are "tacoing" I raise the light. Normally I keep the light 36 inches away from the top of my tallest plant. This has worked for me but it is not the only way to get great results. Most people do not have fish tanks but I have around 25 of them and I always have fresh fish water to feed my plants with. I have never used any store bought ferts and I have never had to flush my plants. The nugs are amazing and the taste is heavenly. I have not had the chance yet to taste the difference, side by side, of buds that were flushed and mine that were not, so I do not know if I would benefit from flushing my plants the last weeks of flowering. I hope that helps you bro. Peace

I will try scraping the stalks. That is something I have not tried. Also, I think after speaking to a few others who grow gdp, I think my problem is too much humidity and too much water. I am starting a whole new batch of clones today. Thanks very much for your help. Btw, I love your fish tank idea. That won't work for me though. My 3 stoner cats LOVE to eat the leaves from my plants, and so my clones would not last more than a few minutes. LOL. Thanks again!

Your welcome sir, I think your going to be pleasantly surprised once you get your humidity under control. Keep an eye on temp as well they like it in the mid 70's (many say 78 is the magic number). Try to keep it constant without any fluctuations a few degrees okay but 10 degree shifts are bad, never fertilize a clone till it has it's 3rd set of new growth might want to verify that but i think thats right. Good luck bro. Peace.

Great review I an a newbie witha brain mass starting to have issues with seziures sounds like a good 1 to try. any other recomendations highly appreciated.

Great review I an a newbie witha brain mass starting to have issues with seziures sounds like a good 1 to try. any other recomendations highly appreciated.
Hi Kevbosr, and welcome to 420mag. I can recommend a strain called Charlottes web. It has been shown to do wonders for folks with seizures. It will not get you very stoned as it does not have very much THC at all, BUT... It is very powerful in CBD which has been shown to be super powerful with preventing even Grand Mal seizures. The tricky thing will be getting ahold of the genetics. I know that it is available in Colorado but we do not have it here in Washington yet that I know of. Their are others that are good but none have shown the promise of Charlottes Web. Indica strains are touted to be excellent for what your speaking of but the only one I am 100% sure about is called Charlottes Web. I wish you the best of luck in your search. Fun fact: Charlottes web was developed using an indica mixed with industrial hemp. PS, cannabis with high levels of CBD and THCv (not to be confused with THCd9) will be the most powerful for combatting seizures and convulsions.

That is some righteously good looking weed you're growing brother! Reeeeaally love those close up trichome pics!! Dig the informative first post to. :)

Back
Top Bottom