Gods Gift stretched then some yellowed

Subinc24

420 Member
I had some seeds that germinated great. After placing them in soil I had two 50watt led panels on them. They all stretched no matter how close the light was. I then put my 300w led over them, but it was too late for three of the seedlings. I have two that are still fighting to survive under a desk lamp. The leaves have yellowed significantly, but the inner new leaves are turning green. I feel like this was a combination of insufficient light along with too much water. Any advice or tips would be appreciated.

20211005_081230.jpg

Did the other ones stretch significantly more than this one in the pic? If not, the light isn't the problem. It may be that the soil is too hot for seedlings, or possibly overwatering or pH issues. Leave some more info about your grow, what media are you using, are you using nutrients, what is your watering practice, etc. and I'm sure someone here can help you get it figured out.
Welcome to :420:

Did the other ones stretch significantly more than this one in the pic? If not, the light isn't the problem. It may be that the soil is too hot for seedlings, or possibly overwatering or pH issues. Leave some more info about your grow, what media are you using, are you using nutrients, what is your watering practice, etc. and I'm sure someone here can help you get it figured out.
Welcome to :420:
They did stretch a lot. I added soil to the one pictured so it may not look as stretched in the pic. I used coco coir and soil at a 10 to 1 ration. The only nutrients used were two teaspoons of clone ex in 64oz of water. The coco was so dry initially, I put some water in the holding container and also sprayed them a couple times a day. I haven't watered for a couple days now.

Thank you so much for your response. It's stressful seeing nice seeds go to waste.

Ok so basically you are in coco, and that rules out the overwatering I think. Not sure how 10% soil would affect the coco rules tho, so I can't offer more advice. Lots of other folks around here do coco tho and can probably get you sorted soon.

so that’s 10 parts coco to 1 part soil -right??? Yeah you need to read up on coco growing. Forget everything you think you know about growing because the rules for coco are totally different.

first coco is not the same as soil….. coco is considered as soilless and even with your blend of coco & soil….. your coco is still totally inert - it has zero nutrients in it to sustain a plant.

cloning gel does nothing here - you are not making clones when growing from seed…. your seedlings have sucked the life out of the lower cotys which are beyond yellowed out because they are starving.

plain water does nothing to help plants in coco -they need to be fed quarter strength NPK nutes plus cal-Mag at every feeding.…. can’t do true wet dry cycle in coco like you can in soil, coco should not be allowed to dry out. coco is considered as drain to waste hydro - so hydro rules apply adjust ph to 5.8 for coco

you gotta mix quarter strength NPK nutes with water to feed her each time, plain water does nothing to help, you gotta adjust ph each time for nutes to be in the proper range to help the media and the plant.

run your water, add cal-Mag first, stir and wait 5 mins. add your npk, stir and wait. check ph and adjust to 5.8 then feed…..you gotta have ph pen (not a soil probe type ph meterJ plus ph up and ph down….. the nutes should be quarter strength

soil guy here so coco is not my forte but above is pretty close to get you rolling….

more of the coco crew will jump in and perhaps correct any blunders I have made above

so that’s 10 parts coco to 1 part soil -right??? Yeah you need to read up on coco growing.

Forget everything you think you know about growing because the rules for coco are totally different.

first coco is not the same as soil….. coco is considered as soilless and even with your blend of coco & soil I’m confident your coco is still totally inert - it has zero nutrients in it to sustain a plant.

cloning gel does nothing here - you are not making clones when growing from seed…. your seedlings have sucked the life out of the cotys which are beyond yellowed out because they are starving.

plain water does nothing to help plants in coco -they need to be fed quarter strength NPK nutes plus cal-Mag at every feeding.…. can’t do true wet dry cycle in coco like you can in soil, coco should not be allowed to dry out

coco is considered as drain to waste hydro - so hydro rules apply adjust ph to 5.8 for coco

you gotta mix quarter strength NPK nutes with water to feed her each time, plain water does nothing to help, you gotta adjust ph each time for nutes to be in the proper range to help the media and the plant
I will give nutrients a try. Thank you greatly for your response!

Cool, cool

learn to do the math and mix small fresh batches of nutes, getting cannabis specific nutes will be to your advantage. Off the shelf nutes from the big box will get you close but weed specific nutes will do better with less effort

weed needs higher N but lower PK in veg cycle but in flower they need little N but higher PK yet they need calcium & magnesium all they way thru - this is why most lawn & garden or houseplant nutes dont work well on this crop…..

10 mil per gallon 128 ozs
5 mil per half gallon 64 ozs
2.5 mil per quart 32 ozs ….. all are same strength just smaller batches

best of luck, keep us updated right here

So I have started using some mild nutrients over the last couple days and it seems like they are recovering, slowly. I'll post more pics as the improvement becomes more evident.. Thanks to everyone that has given advice!

Back
Top Bottom