Stretching and drooping

Jedrik

Hi there guys,

To start with I'll explain my set up. First time grow here, I have 8 soil pots (half soil/half coco) under a 1000W Kind LED, I planted them one week ago after germinating in water and damp paper towel. The light settings are 22% Red, 45% blue and 45% other light. (Change from 15/30/30 2 days ago).

I've been trying to keep the humidity in the 60-70% range as it is winter here but it has regularly been between 50-60% until we get a humidifier in a few days I will be monitoring as much as I can. The temp has been pretty good at 25C(77F) in light and 20C(68F) at lights off.

At this point all but one have got their first leaves out but I am having an issue with my Pineapple Chunk and Laughing Buddha seedlings; they both seem to be stretching (almost 3 inches of stem) and now the first leaves have drooped a little and one has yellowed ever so slightly.

The soil has been watered properly once but even then not all the way through. I have definitely taken the over watering issue seriously and I'm worried I might be under watering. The soil is damp in most of these but I'm not sure if I need to give them a full flood and let them dry out or not. I am also unsure if I have too much or too little light considering they are stretching and possibly yellowing.

Photos below, any advice will be much appreciated thank you :)

IMG_168636.JPG
IMG_168440.JPG
IMG_168335.JPG

Hey they are 30" above thanks, think I should move them closer? Because my white widow seedling is about 1.5" high and has good little leaves at this same distance

Maybe poor genetics I mean pineapple chunk? lol white widow has been bread for decades n is very solid strain bro. Do not overwater only a small bit is required as at this stage it's mostly just the tap root. If the light is sitting in the appropriate distance and the temps r fine it makes things tough. I would gently raise the soil ever so slightly because you have one seedling that's shooting for the stars but may soon topple over. Also consider ur ventilation with a small fan if your not already doing so faced in the opposite direction :) cheers

yea drop the lights closer.. i believe your using LED they shouldnt give off too much heat to worry about...but seedlings usually have that stretch ...just take out carefully and retransplant them closer to the leaves

Back
Top Bottom