Good Times

Designedin69

Hello everyone, I am in the process of setting up my first grow room (closet)and will be looking to you for advice. I plan to use a hydro setup using two 4' vinyl fence posts with 5 sites each. I have 2 600 watt hortilux lights but will only be using one with a light mover on 6' track. Grow height is limited to about 2', I know, it's not much but I read about setups that get a little something from smaller plants. I've read so much, in fact, I don't really know where to begin as far the best nutrients to use and when. I would like to use as much organic material as possible. I am setting up a worm composting unit where I can get some tea. I'm open to using soil as well, if the hydro gets too complicated. I'm still gathering supplies so I look to you all for direction in choosing the right stuff. Looking forward to the task. :peace::hmmmm:

Plan on putting the plants under light for 12 hours on, 12 hours off from the time the seeds sprout to keep them small. And / or use LST (low stress training) / supercropping techniques. Another choice are autoflowering seeds that will stay relatively small and can be grown under 18 hours of light a day throughout their life cycle. All of these techniques can be searched on this site and there's a plethora of information.

Hi Designedin69, :welcome: to the 420Magazine forums. First we are glad you joined us. 2nd The Weed is right. Yes some methods will produce more buds and some less. You'll get all the help you need and more. Much Luck to ya and glad your here. :peace:

Thanks for the support. The area is still in the design phase. there is a window to allow light during the day and I am hoping it will be enough, I'll use the light during the night hours. the closet is connected to both the bathroom and the bedroom so I don't think heat will be a problem and if things get tight I may remove the shelf to gain more headroom. for now until I can get a good routine going, i'll be using seeds i've collected over the years (regs to mids) to experiment with then i'll invest in some killer breeds. I'll shoot some pics of my progress and post them. it will take some time as all the proper supplies will be purchased as funds will allow. I'll check back with you all tomorrow after work. I should've started this long ago. thanks again.

Hello and :welcome: to420Mag! We are here to help spread info about all things Cannabis. If there is anything we can assist you with just ask. I read your posts and as you want to know about growing you could read this:No Mercy Seeds 12/12 Hours 7 Harvests a Year System

Hello again, I was hoping to post some pics so you all can see what I'm working with, but the subscription process is experiencing some errors on the checkout page. I will continue trying. Bear with me. My place was originally a 3 bedroom 2 bath. I rearranged the walls to combine the 2 neighboring rooms into 1 and expanded the bathroom. The walls aren't finished yet so I'm thinking of rearranging the Closet/bathroom walls to accomidate an area more suitable to the weeds needs. :adore:
I'm giong to review the reading assignment recommended by you all. hopefully the subscription issue will be resolved soon and I can get the pics posted. :nomo:

Once you get setup here search for "vinyl fence posts" I believe there a how to on this site somewhere for a grow like what your talking about. Hope you can find it.

There were only a couple of threads with pvc setups and one was mostly focussed on plant scorching. I have some e-books on hydroponics that have plans for pvc/vynil setups.
I did like the "killer tree 6 plant aero" thread, I was pondering how to utilize my system as an aeroponic design. I'm thinking of using drip system misters but I wonder how much pressure from the spray the roots will handle. What size pump (GPH) would you recommend for 12 360 degree spray nozzles. Is 12 too many or not enough for two 4' rails, 5 sites each? Any ideas, am I on the right track?

Thanks FreakNature every little bit helps. I got some useful input from: 4inch PVC Aero/NFT 4x5 SCROG (1200 Watts).:thanks:

I'm still unable to subscribe the checkout page keeps giving this error message,"Parameter Error
A parameter error was encountered when attempting to process this sale.
Please notify the supplier so that this can be resolved as soon as possible. "

If someone in that department is reading this please help.

In the meantime I'll keep reading and work on my design. Hope to get some pics posted soon. :rollit:

Back
Top Bottom