Gorillas Outdoor Green Crack and Mystery Strain Grow 2019

Hello, this is my third outdoor grow And first attempt at a journal. I just recently found this site and am super impressed with the knowledge and help I’ve gained here.

I started my grow from seed back in early April. My girls are in the third week of flower so this will be a partial journal. I sprouted 12 seeds and ended up with 7 girls and in an effort to stay legal I gave one plant away.

Hints, tips and opinions are why I’m here, especially with making the grow journal. Thanks in advance!

Seeds – I believe 5 of the girls are Green Crack and 1 is unknown. Usually I start with clones but last year I picked up 5 plants from a friend that had been vegging for a couple months and were about 3ft tall. Two were Green Crack, one Blue Dream, one Headband and the other I can’t remember. Out of the little under a pound of finished product I got 12 seeds but mixed them all together. I’ve grown Green Crack a few times so I kinda know what they look like vs the other two. So this why I think I have what I have. The one unknown strain is not Blue Dream or Headband as far as I can tell.

Grow Medium – I’m trying some different grow mediums this time around. My standard is a 50/50 mix of Coco & regular potting soil with expanded clay pebbles. I have one in straight potting soil with Vermiculite and one with a garden soil, potting soil & clay pebble mixture. All of my plants are in 5 gal clay pots (because I have them).

Nutrients – I am Using Heavy 16 Veg 2-part and Bud 2-part as my main nutrient. I also use Heavy 16 Fire & Prime. This year I stopped the Prime and Fire when flowering and switched to General hydroponics Liquid KoolBloom. Fire and Prime seem to work well but are a little pricey for my grow. I also use a little molasses and granulated sugar during flower. I realize the Heavy 16 is really more a hydro nutrient but that’s what I was using in my reservoirs and had some left over when I started my first outdoor grow. It worked well the first time so I’ve stuck with it. I mix everything in a 5 gal bucket and feed this once a day about 5 times a week and plain water the other two times. No rhyme or reason to why I do it that way. The PH in my tap water i use runs right around 6.5 – 6.7.

Pruning - All my plants were topped multiple times. I don’t do much pruning until flower when I remove a lot of the big old growth and any leaves covering flowers. This year, because I have new neighbors (that decided to remove half my ivy cover on my fence) I’ve had to tie down my plants to keep them below the fence line and keep them closer together than I usually do. I must say though that tying them down has definitely increased my yield. I had heard about doing that in the past but didn’t try it until this year. I will be doing that on a regular basis going forward, the difference is huge.

I hope to update this at least once a week. Thanks for reading.

This pic 5/22/19
IMG_0002.jpg

This pic 6/7/19
IMG_0003.jpg

This pic 7/28/19
IMG_0037.jpg

This pic 7/28/19
IMG_0038.jpg

Back
Top Bottom