Got worms eating the bottom of stock - Larvae in roots - Please help

Welcome to the forums treeman1967 :thumb:

Well i may ask if you can get a pic of these critters - Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

They are more than one type of larvae which eat the roots of plants i'm afraid !

The most common one known to most growers will be the larvae of the fungus gnat these are really quite small & if you have lots of little black gnats flying about i'll expect this is the problem.

If the larvae is 5mm plus in size it could be some thing else so a pic helps, perhaps a beetle may be found as well !

Fungus gnats & larvae can be treated by various methods i prefer a soil drench called nilnat another product is natlin, ye you can see the name is is spelt backwards... ye a copy write issue of the name but both products exist but not sure if they are aviable where you are ?

Might be able to find some thing online from a hydro store tho !

Diatomaceous earth is another option worth looking at also :thumb:

If it turns out to be a larvae from a beetle we might have to look at other options but will depend on if i can identifier it from a pic !

Also an Azamax drench knocks out just about anything then a regiment of either neem meal top dress or neem oil drench to keep them at bay its cheaper in the long run to use Neem which is what Azamax is refined from.

Back
Top Bottom