Grand Daddy Purple - Macro

chronicflash

DSCN8986.JPG

DSCN8988.JPG

Love GDP. This medicine i got has def. 2 distinct pheno's, one is the classic GDP citrusy grapey smell, the other is a more deiselish spicy smell. Also some of the buds that had more purple had more of the classic GDP smell.

Re: Grand Daddy Purple [MACRO]

Very sorry for not using the gallery here for the pics. I am used to using outside hosts. It wont happen again!

i wish i was 2cm tall so i could run around and sleep on that bud.
very nice looking herb, 2 thumbs up

I love GDP, I'm still puffin on some right now actually. I have the more 'classic' phenotype. Very purple, sweet, grapey, citrusy amazingness. The high isn't lacking at all either. Here are a few pics of my stuff, wish I could get some macros, but this will have to do for now.

GDP41.jpg
GDP32.jpg

GDP7.jpg

:nicethread:

Yea most of the nugs in my bag were the classic type. But when I took photos I only had that much left hahah. Those look yummy! I wish I could find some GDP genetics to grow.

I've had GPD several times, everytime it has been the same phenotype...few small differences but for the most part you could tell they were the same phenotype.

Which one do you prefer?

Well who could say what I had was pure GDP, but most of it was the distinct GPD taste and smell. Just some of the buds had less purp color and smell more like diesel but the taste was that grapey citrusy spice. I prefer any GDP haha. The first GDP I ever got from Emelens in Downtown SF was insanely purple with bright orange hair, super dense, and the trics were huge almost sappy. and if the color purple had a taste, that was it!

GDP and the true Chemdawg based OGK and NYCSD are my top faves.

I feel like you are describing the GDP I have now. Rock hard, super purple with heavy white coating of trichs with crazzzy orange hairs. This bud looks like something out of a high times. I only have a small amount left. I've gone through about 16-20 grams though the past couple months. Had 2 oz of it and wish I woulda kept more. Also got some killer NL, SourD/Jack herer, a bunch of different hazes. All are killer, but I'm gonna miss the beauty of this bud, and the distinct taste. Make me want to try other purps, Grape Ape, purple urkle...etc

high ramblin on..

Well they call the GDP, GDP, for a reason. Its the Grand Daddy of all Purples. I believe its a cross of the urkle and the ape. But I am not 100% on that.Ive had the ape, urcle, pkush, grape romulan, etc and the GDP always surpases them in taste, smell, look, and most importaint of all, effect.

It is half Urkel, but not ape.

Purple Urkel is suppose to be a little tricky to grow, doesn't yield a lot, and has a longer flowering time. So they crossed a Big Bud male from sensi seeds. Which gave us GDP.

thats right, now I remember. It was BB. I wonder if I was able to grow a PU fem and cross say like a pure afghani if we could get a good result... Dont think the GDP would ever be surpassed. Its and ICON in my eyes. But crossing strains makes Cannabis very unique. I bet we could do some amazing things...

Yes the purple urkle is actually humboldt urple or purple ..its believed to be a old school 25+ year old strain skunk x afghan x humbolt local old seed stock ..once the urple strain made it to socal the name was changed to urkle ..so urkle and urple are the same strain but of course with slight north south differences ..mostly due to socal is mainly indoor ..the real humboldt urple was outdoor ..the flavor came from urple the denseness came from big bug !! ! But the candy like flavor comes from the old school humboldt urple ..also if you grow mutiple plants of the gdp or purchase from different sources .. You will notice some are greener Some are so purp they are black ...some have that candy grapey smell and some are more skunky and pugnent ...once again its that old lineage randomly dominating the flower ! Also that big buds wonderful traits will domniate some flowers and then again alter taste effect, smell and look!! Hope this helps !

i wish i was 2cm tall so i could run around and sleep on that bud.
very nice looking herb, 2 thumbs up
Oh shit you stole my dream idea!:D
It would be cool! to be small!
So i'll be small all year !:D

nice pics, nice up close shot, what camera do you have?

Hmmm seems like there should be more purple on it. i usually get it as the whole outer bud purple and the inside a nice vibrant green color.

I have not yet harvested my particular GDP, but am really looking forward to it, it hope it looks as nice as yours, very nice btw. Turns out I accidentally created a cross between my
GDP and a Sativa Dominant strain from bag seed. Can't wait to start that grow and see what happens.:welldone:

Back
Top Bottom