Grandmother Arrested for Growing Marijuana Plants

XLE420

A 55-year-old grandmother is in jail today after Pontotoc County officials raided her home in Lula, Oklahoma yesterday. County sheriff's deputies found a number of large marijuana plants in her backyard, and officials say her three grand-children were at the house when officers arrived with a search warrant. KTEN's Andrea Kurys reports.

Officials began their investigation several days ago after receiving reports from neighbors about the illegal plants growing in her yard. The reports were verified, and Pontotoc County deputies and Oklahoma Highway Patrol troopers executed a search warrant yesterday. Deputies described the marijuana plants as "high grade," and say the woman admitted to growing them for her own personal use.

Some of the plants were as high as ten feet tall, and altogether they weighed over twenty pounds. Officials say the woman's three grandchildren were living with her while she was growing the marijuana.

Pontotoc County Undersheriff Joe Glover said, "As far as we can tell, the grandchildren did not have any knowledge of the criminal activity and apparently the children were told that it was something besides marijuana growing."

Linda Rae Eckund was arrested for illegal cultivation of marijuana. Deputies and troopers also found drug pipes and other paraphernalia, prepared marijuana and marijuana seeds inside her home. Eckund went before the judge today and was ordered to reappear Wednesday. Her grandchildren, ages four, six and eight, were released to other family members.

Newshawk: SX420 - 420 Magazine
Source: KTEN
Author: Andrea Kurys
Copyright: 2006, WorldNow and KTEN

I'll sleep better tonight, thanks to those fine officers, enforcing an important law that protects our children, that dangerous Granny is off the streets. Taxdollars at work. :thedoubletake: Sorry was posessed by a republican for a second there.

NoDirtWeed4Me said:
I'll sleep better tonight, thanks to those fine officers, enforcing an important law that protects our children, that dangerous Granny is off the streets. Taxdollars at work. :thedoubletake: Sorry was posessed by a republican for a second there.
I agree......what a HUGE criminal those fine officers caught. That grandma mustve been involved in a huge drug ring strectching across the U.S. LOL!! Jesus, it's getting ridiculous.

I know the whole time I was setting this one up, I kept shaking my head.

Originally Posted by NoDirtWeed4Me
I'll sleep better tonight, thanks to those fine officers, enforcing an important law that protects our children, that dangerous Granny is off the streets. Taxdollars at work. Sorry was posessed by a republican for a second there.

LOL! :laughtwo: :cheesygrinsmiley:

for real, that poor old lady has only a fucking few years left and those bitchs wanna throw her in jail for the remainder eh, nice way to go out, knowing your gov't loves you.

^--- Its all the shock factor. If they had said her plants might have produced a few ounces, people wouldn't think much, but because they said it weighed over 20 pounds, it makes it look like she is a hardcore drug dealer.

It is a shame to our nation when an old lady is locked up for growing some plants, and as we all know the kids are in no "danger" of getting high with some plants growing near them, ya maybe the pipes and dried stuff laying around that was mentioned was not right,but still the old lady is not a criminal in my opinion, maybe a little careless but nothing more. you could say the kids where in more danger because of sharp thorns growing on a overgrown rose bush or a bee flying through her yard, or the cleaning products under her kitchen sink that are actually poisonous/deadly. Yes for the world to take mmj users seriously we must convince them of resposibility but an "accident" can't happen around a growing mj plant..

When cops weigh a pot plant, they rip it up out of the ground and weight it tight then, roots andthe dirt clinging to them, stalk, branches--everything.
Of course, the amt. of dried bud is a fraction of that weight.
In fact, 20 pounds of marijuana plants ripped out of the ground may not contain any buds at all, if they're in veg, or males.

And the report said the cops claimed it was "high grade" marijuana. How did they determine this? Did they dry, cure and smoke the finished buds?
More than likely, the plants, at this time of the year, weren't even budding, or just beginning to.

Capt. Zigzag said:
Just for the respect of the whole medical MJ thing, I would have preferred she kept a little more separation between her meds and the children. All around the world grandparents lock up their prescriptions when the grandkids come over in an effort to stave off accidents.

To a child MJ IS a hard drug. Until we treat MMJ as a medicine we will not receive any respect for the laws. It's not enough that the laws are passed. They have to become normal. We have a great responsibility here. If we treat this willy-nilly than they will take it away from us. If we treat it with respect we will get respect. This is a two way street folks.

-

I think your point is very reasonable, but I didn't see anywhere in the article that she claimed the plants were being grown for meds

Back
Top Bottom