Grasbauer's First Grow - Arjan's Haze #3 - Soil - 160W CFL

Looks good, man. Way bigger than my little grow. ;)

Meanwhile, I repotted all 3 plants. This made them grow a lot, they're close to 30 cm high now. The Diesel Auto does no longer grow rapidly, but 2 weeks of 18/6 have to be enough. I am reducing to 16/8-14/10-12/12 now.

Day 42

Ye humidity is alright & i'm pretty sure ya get away with that.

Well auto flowering strains are just going to do their thing when they are ready, adjust & adapt its a feeling thing :green_heart:

Mmm technical terms ah, it is Friday evening for me & the end of the working week which i shall do what is best for such time :hookah:

Ya good & on a side note you might want to read up on a little LST (low stress training) :thumb:

Well, what do you think I am doing right now while I type this. ;)
The auto is just to fill the space, so I moved it to the far right. You can see it in the black pot.

Now with 14 hours of light yesterday and 12 today, the plants have miracuously lost nearly all signs of deficits (thin or a bit burnt looking leaves). They look almost perfect tonight (the shot is from the morning). Can anyone explain this?!

About LST, you can see some of the wire I used, but it's really not much, right. I took away a few shading fan leaves though. I don't want too high yield anyway. For legal reasons, you don't want to possess more than 7,5g of pure thc here.

Day 45, day 1 of 12/12

Pleased to hear that the crinkled leaf problem has cleared up & i can not offer much off an explanation on why tho ?

But with the good news it shows the plants are happy :green_heart:

Mmm yield ah... i don't like to guess such but i would expect each plant is going to produce more than 7.5g each !

To help put you at ease, it is not even legal in my own country... but it is a cheaper to grow your own with better quality than i can get off the streets & knowing my money is not supporting organized bad stuff..

Give's me peace of mind for growing my own for personal use :peace:

It is 7.5g *pure thc* dude, that would be more than 2 ounces dry with AH#3.
I'm getting a mini forest in there.. dense foliage, lack of space makes watering and binding down branches difficult.

When comparing to this grow...
Arjan's Haze #3 in Soil - LED/CFL
... my plants seem to be more mature, while otherwise having similar characteristics. That guy did a lot of things I didn't, and I'm certainly not more skilled than he is, which might show that cannabis grows fine without doing much of anything. ;)

Day 50, day 6 of 12/12 - shots are from 3 days ago. 2nd pic shows the Diesel Auto at the upper right.

Damn it, I found out today my CFLs had been flickering from induction while switched off by the timer. Put the timer's plug in the other way around fixed it. This must've been going on for almost a week since I moved the box around last time, hopefully its effect wasn't that bad.

Day 55 - day 26 for NYC Diesel Auto to the right. Grew too high already standing on another pot, had to lower it.

I'm afraid i am not in such knowledge of laws across the world how ever it is interesting to learn about such matters :thumb:

Yes i see you are 12/12 timing now... i would expect a lot of plant growth in the next 2 or 3 weeks & should even out by then.

Here are some new pics. I observed something strange with one plant that had its main stem grow to the left in the direction of the light. It seems to have several branches, that are otherwise mostly perpendicular, growing in just the same asymmetrical way. Is it possible such growth is "copied"?
Tied down many branches today, another 20-30 cm and I'm running out of vertical space. The AH3 are about 50 cm high now, the Diesel 35.

Day 59 AH#3 / day 30 Diesel - AH#3 flower

Diesel flower

"Copied" branch

"Original" branch

Overview after slight defoliation

That is quite a forest ya got going on their :thumb:

I suspect ya around 2 to 3 weeks of flowering from when you flipped your lights to 12/12 & would imagine the stretch should start slowing down by now !

In less there is a strong sativa genetics involved in the strain... ?

That's correct, it's been 3 weeks. AH3 (70% Sativa, 30% Indica) are 56 cm high, Diesel 40. Pics below from Saturday.
One of the plants is showing a strange copper coloring on some leaves, see 2nd photo.
The Diesel started producing resin, some first signs of it on the Haze ones today as well. The Diesel Auto, a very fast strain, is about a month younger than the slow AH3s, but its main cola is already at least twice as big.

Diesel Auto flower

AH3 flowers

Excellent work bud & all looking very well for stage of growth.:thumb:

You mentioned a copper colouring to leafs of 2nd pic AH3 i believe & more likely deficiency of some sort, bit hard to tell with lights shinning on them which kind of disort's colour of the pic... if you could get a better pic under normally lighting conditions i will take a better look to see what i may think off !

How ever it is not uncommon to experience a deficiency around this stage of flowering & if it is happening to all the AH3 plants it may mean a little increase of nutrients used... as some strains like lots of nutrients whilst others are light feeders.

A little chart for ID

leavedeficiencies22.jpg

The color changed from copper to sand colored, and it's not quite like anything I have seen on all those charts, though it could be Sulfur deficiency. Those leaves are also wrinkled now.
It has only happened to one plant, and mostly to leaves near the lamp. I don't think they were burnt though. It also seems it has not spread. I am using BioBizz and BioBloom at 2-3ml/l.

The AH3, now close to 60 cm, are not growing that much anymore and have changed quite little this week, so I did not take more photos of them. It is now day 71 since germination.

Diesel Auto flower - day 42

Unlikely to be sulfur def i'm pretty sure that is reasonable available in the air & by decaying organic matter in the soil/compost gets a little technical explaining that one.

Well if only one plant i would not worry to much, just keep a close eye on it !

How ever as you are using just grow & bloom nutrients i may suggest picking up a third bottle being of a micro nutrient content, now Bio bizz do these...

Bio heaven - main micro nutrients used contains some other stuff humic/fulvic acids etc... but cost a lot more !

Alg-a-Mic - cold pressed sea weed juice contains many trace value micro nutrients... a poor mans version of the above !

It is not all about N, P, K for plant growth as their are several other main micro nutrients used by the plant to support good healthy growth :thumb:

The brown spots haven't grown larger, so I guess it's all ok. Biobizz is said to be diluted quite a lot, and even this little grow is going to empty most of each bottle, so I'm not sure if I'll get their products again.

Strange: the Haze plants are already getting brown pistels, though the buds are far from ready - there's about 7 weeks of flowering to go. The Diesel should be ready in less than 2 weeks.

Day 75, day 31 of 12/12

Earlier I noticed I had remembered the fertilizer's bottle cap size incorrectly.. got the plants 10 ml/l instead of 3-4 last time I watered and today. Yuck. Luckily I was already flushing the Diesel (it will soon be ready), so it won't be affected. The AH3 will get some additional clear water tomorrow.

Diesel Auto, day 50

Back
Top Bottom