Greetings and salutations!

GrowinGirl

I took the plunge and got my MMJ recommendation here in CA and am preparing to acquire a few seeds and start to grow some medicine. I just discovered 420 mag and these forums a few days ago and have found them immensely helpful already for planning my first grow. I'll no doubt have more than a few questions for the folks on the Grow forums, but for now I think I just need to do a LOT of reading.

I got impatient and was VERY BAD. I ordered seeds, lol.

All automatics - I will be growing my girls out on my apartment balcony (behind shade cloth so neighbors can't see) and I will need a fast-maturing crop.

I have many years' experience growing vegetables and herbs from both seeds and seedlings and even some from cuttings, just not ever Cannabis (unless you want to count that college apartment closet disaster back in 1975 but I'd rather not talk about that). I have been trying to grow some flowers and succulents on said NNW-facing balcony over the past 4 years and it is quite problematic. It gets zero sunlight 6 or 7 months out of the year, and in the warmer (as in sometimes over 115F) months it can get some VERY long days of sun. So it's a challenge. I want to start early - it was 85F today which is warmish for this time of year, but summer heat will be here the end of June so I need to work fast.

Seeds are en route. Now I wait.

Here is my order, being shipped from the UK:

1x Sweet - Cream Caramel Automatic - Feminized
1x Free - 2 Free Feminized Seeds
1x Dutch Passion - AutoMazar - Feminized
1x Seedsman - Auto Kush - Feminized
1x Nirvana - Auto Bubblelicious - Feminized

The two freebies could be anything. I guess I can just train them to lay low-ish if they want to peek over the balcony railing. I will start with the autos to get some practice anyway. The sun will be pretty intense in a couple of months and I can train them as a SOG single plant, or maybe just top them.

I took the plunge and got my MMJ recommendation here in CA and am preparing to acquire a few seeds and start to grow some medicine. I just discovered 420 mag and these forums a few days ago and have found them immensely helpful already for planning my first grow. I'll no doubt have more than a few questions for the folks on the Grow forums, but for now I think I just need to do a LOT of reading.
WOOHOO!! another Cali grower! Welcome aboard GrowinGirl! you're in THE best forum to gain help and knowledge in an understanding, and patient atmosphere. We love to help. I'm heading over to your other journal in FAQ to take a read and lend a hand where I can.

Congratulation on the recommendation! Take a look around at the collectives in your area, some of them carry seeds, and a lot of them carry clones, (little plants) that you can grow, propagate, and start your own little grow op. Best of luck to you. Also, weedmaps dot com can help you find collectives, co-ops, and dispensaries in your county. Take a look and let me know if you need help with anything.

Hey GrowinGirl, :welcome: to 420 Magazine!
I think you'll find this is the best mmj community out there... Dedicated to spreading awareness of the benefits of Cannabis. :thumb:

Our members are some of the most knowledgable and the most helpful anywhere!

If you haven't already, please take a moment to check out the guidelines: Forum Guidelines - Please Read Before Posting, they will assist you in navigating the forum.

Here are some other links that you should check out:

Our mission statement: Mission Statement
Questions: Frequently Asked Questions - 420 Magazine
Uploading photos: Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos
Grow support: How to Ask for Grow Support
How to grow: How to Grow Marijuana - 420 Magazine
MMJ lounge: Medical Marijuana Lounge - 420 Magazine
News: International Cannabis News - 420 Magazine
Medical Marijuana News - 420 Magazine
Hemp News - 420 Magazine
Medical Marijuana Scientific Data - 420 Magazine
Help support the cause: Please Help Support 420 Magazine
One of my favorite places to hang out: Grow Journals - 420 Magazine

Also, please check out the monthly contests linked below in my signature, and feel free to participate by voting and/or entering!

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom