Greetings from the Chesapeake Bay

modred

What a great site and so helpfull. I appreciate the mature atmosphere and the wealth of knowledge. I've grown on and off for the last 15 years but now have the stability of my own home. I have all to myself, an out of the way closet to support a small SOG operation. This was my first attempt at cloning and was amazed that it was much easier than anticipated thanks to the wealth of knowledge from 420. I have my clones in a modified Deep Water Culture set up but thinking of a more passive system. It works great but very difficult to keep nute solution at a reasonable temp. Winter months may be better or should i say stable. Not sure of the spelling but the females i obtained from a friend he called "purple erckle?" anyone heard of it? The mothers (3) seem very short, 2months old and only 18'' tall. I want to post some piscs, should i post them here or in the pic section.
Thanks to everyone who has made this site what it is....AWESOME!

What a great site and so helpfull. I appreciate the mature atmosphere and the wealth of knowledge. I've grown on and off for the last 15 years but now have the stability of my own home. I have all to myself, an out of the way closet to support a small SOG operation. This was my first attempt at cloning and was amazed that it was much easier than anticipated thanks to the wealth of knowledge from 420. I have my clones in a modified Deep Water Culture set up but thinking of a more passive system. It works great but very difficult to keep nute solution at a reasonable temp. Winter months may be better or should i say stable. Not sure of the spelling but the females i obtained from a friend he called "purple erckle?" anyone heard of it? The mothers (3) seem very short, 2months old and only 18'' tall. I want to post some piscs, should i post them here or in the pic section.
Thanks to everyone who has made this site what it is....AWESOME!

Welcome to 420 mag!!!
Start a thread in the grow journals if you are going to document the whole grow or put the pics and questions in frequently asked questions, both are located in the grow room forum, glad to have ya, peace!

Hello again modred, I have been at the beach and wanted to say hi and ask how the weather in the Bay this past weekend? I really got some sun and caught some Blue Crabs there are more here than ever before they say because of warm water but it was not warm enough for me to stay in long. I love your area and the local seafood you are truly fortunate to have access to the bay and it's surrounding communities. :goodluck: and see you in the forums
:peacetwo:

Okay guys, all this talk of Blue Crabs is making me miss the Chesapeake Bay!

I caught them as a child, right from the shore and brought home a bucket full for dinner.

SEND ME SOME BLUE CRABS! :)

Oh yeah, welcome Modred. ;)

I think Philips sends fresh seafood. I'll look around, I heard that several places around send them steamed. Yes it has been a great year for crabs, we catch them off of my pier. Bad thing is high temps bring algae blooms and reduces O. I have seen a huge return in the way of plant life here in the upper bay. Crabs need weeded areas to sluff and harden their shell. Oh but how sweet is a fried softshell crab sandwich....:tokin:

Welcome. I lived and worked in Hampton Virginia. Actually spent a week in Virginia Beach Jail... but no need to go into that.

I love the bridge tunnel you have across the bay. When you fly into Norfolk the bridge is on the landing pattern. An awesome engineering achievement.

Hello again modred. There was an article in the local paper here about the excessively warm temps and how there are more Blue Crabs in RI waters than ever before because of that. I LOVE soft shell crabs and look forward to my next. In case you did not know 420 is the founder of 420Mag and grew up on the Bay. Have a great day.

Blue crabs up in RI. I did not know they came up that far. I know during the off season local shops here will get crabs from the Gulf. Years ago I lived in south AR and spent time in LA and Miss. They treat blue crabs like scourge preferring crayfish, shrimp,etc. Are you getting out and catching them or are you just hearing reports? I'm going to do some crabbing this weekend before it's all over. I'll keep you posted how we do.

I am at the beach now and they are everywhere, seagulls have been picking at them. We have caught them in the bay for years but this year there are many more than ever before. They are as you stated in sandy tidal areas in Narragansett Bay and have even made their way up into some river estuaries where the tide dictates salinity. There was an article in the paper about the warming of the water allowing them to migrate farther North from their regular home where you reside in the Chesapeake Bay. Anyway I wanted to welcome you and hope you have a great week we will have to see what the weekend brings with this Hurricane Earl.
remeber Cannabis is a great plant so plant a seed and free the weed (where legal).

Thanks Wingman. Allready removing things from under house in anticipation of Earl. Lets keep our fingers crossed. I'll have the home fire BLAZN friday night!:wood:

50 years ago. So long?

Visits to Grandparents in Groton Conn (that's how they wrote it back then)
Summer time, yes! Walked everywhere, and fished in the river Thames
Long Island Sound, late summer: Right Now! is a pleasant place to be
Thanks for the memories, goading my specialty: sweet nostalogies

Back
Top Bottom