Grow Bag Size

I’m getting ready to switch my first 4 indoor photoperiods over to 12/12. They are 20 days old today. 3 were recently topped, 1 was FIM’d. I was going to transplant them into 5 gal bags on Sunday, 23 days and switch to 12/12 the following Sunday, 30 days.

I am now concerned that they will get too big in the 5’s for my 2’3”x 2’3”x 5’ tent. I have some 11 liter/3 gal square grow bags. Would it be better to use these 3 gal size to keep the overall size manageable?

These 4 are a mixed bag – 3 were freebies, a bruce banger, white w. and a blueberry. The 4th is a seed from the few produced in my outdoor grow last year. Probably from a nanner yet it might not be female.

Thanks

DSC00303.JPG

DSC00304.JPG

I’m getting ready to switch my first 4 indoor photoperiods over to 12/12. They are 20 days old today. 3 were recently topped, 1 was FIM’d. I was going to transplant them into 5 gal bags on Sunday, 23 days and switch to 12/12 the following Sunday, 30 days.

I am now concerned that they will get too big in the 5’s for my 2’3”x 2’3”x 5’ tent. I have some 11 liter/3 gal square grow bags. Would it be better to use these 3 gal size to keep the overall size manageable?

These 4 are a mixed bag – 3 were freebies, a bruce banger, white w. and a blueberry. The 4th is a seed from the few produced in my outdoor grow last year. Probably from a nanner yet it might not be female.

Thanks

DSC00303.JPG

DSC00304.JPG
Hey @stinker how are you my friend.
If your tight for space waiting won't help.
Try some l.s.t. on them when they stretch.
Grow wide not tall.
Stay safe.
Bill

Hey @stinker - similar grow space, max pot size for me is 4 x 5L (1gal) or they get out of hand very quickly
Realistically, max height you call allow these to grow is 30"-36" so topping/LST is your only option
Keeping them in the 3-5L pots you're using will help to stop them sprawling out of control in flower
I only use 8 x 1L pots for cuttings/sog and they're fine

I have just a little more space than you in my 2nd tent and i can only get away with 2 in flower.Good luck will
be very tight. even in current pots i feel.
Those plants are looking well healthy for 20 days.
Having 4 plants in there is gonna be a tight squeeze stinker. Even in 3 gallon pots they're gonna get big.
I use a 2'6"×2'6" tent, it's only big enough to comfortably flower 2 plants at the most, imo.

I flowered 3 decent size autos in 5g bags in this tent, that's what made me think I could do the 4 photos with less LST so they don't get so so wide. The autos were my first tent grow. I will try.

DSC00261.JPG

Amazing roots stinker.
With a bit of creative training, I'm sure you'll have it sorted. If you have to take one out, that means the other 3 are doing well. So win win really.
My thoughts as well. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom