Grow room set-up?

virgin.grower

Hey I don't know if this is the correct spot to put this but I just want to get a few ideas of peoples grow room set-up to tent, hrdrosystem, carbon filter ect... I would like a general idea of a set up... Thaanks. Pics please

It really depends on what you want to do yourself. If its your first time I would go with Soil or soil-less growing medium+ nutrients and skip the hydroponics as its a lot easier to mess up. Also if you are looking for something stealthy you are going to want a sealed grow box or tent with an intake fan and exhaust fan going through a carbon filter; carbon filters are pretty easy to make yourself and they are a lot cheaper to make than buy.

Another thing is light type.. and I say it all depends on what you want to do. You cant go wrong with a 400 or 600wt HPS light but if you are looking to go small then you can go with T5 lights or CFL but I don't recommend using those. I've tried it and got very loose flowers and low yield even when using LST on your plants.

Yea its my first time growing.. I thought personally growing. Hydroponiclly would be much easier I didn't think soil would... And yes I would really like to keep a low key... This was my idea to save money go to lowes buy plastic pipes make aa tent and buying a hydro system and going from there... Why is it easier not using a system.... And I think I'm going to just go with a 400W light ... Do you mind if I see your set up?

Yea its my first time growing.. I thought personally growing. Hydroponiclly would be much easier I didn't think soil would... And yes I would really like to keep a low key... This was my idea to save money go to lowes buy plastic pipes make aa tent and buying a hydro system and going from there... Why is it easier not using a system.... And I think I'm going to just go with a 400W light ... Do you mind if I see your set up?

Well its much harder in my opinion to use hydro because there is nothing to buffer the nutrients like soil. Its much easier to go overboard on the nutrients and burn or even kill your plants. And if you want to go that route and build your own tent I'd suggest looking into visqueen plastic.. Its white on one side black on the other. Very easy to build your own tent out of. I've seen it used with 2x4s and stapled to the board. I don't know how easy it would be to make this air tight though. It might just be better to buy a grow tent and use that since those are a lot better sealed.

I might as well as a first time grower not do it hydro....do you think they grow slower? yea your right I might as welll buy my own tent... Did yu happen to make yur own carbon filter? And are yu growing straight soil? Or hydro?... Are you growing anything right now?

I grow in a soil mix I've made myself. Start with Pro-mix and add everything yourself. Its a lot more work but I believe it gives you a better product over any store bought soil. But next to my mix I love fox farm ocean forest mix. Its the best soil I have ever used other than my own. I've never done a side by side comparison but I feel the growth is faster with my blend. As for soil vs hydro yes the plants do grow faster in hydro. Its actually a big difference. I've seen first hand plants get 1ft tall and very bushy from just under 2 weeks of veg from a rooted clone.

I don't have a need for using a carbon filter as I have my own card and don't have to worry about smell. You can honestly smell the plants in my backyard from the front yard of my house haha The ones in my closet aren't normally as smelly though. You can only smell them inside the house in late flowering. As for building your own Carbon filter Its actually very easy. I've seen it on a bunch of different sites. You need carbon for a fish tank and something to hold it over your ventilation tubing.

And yeah I grow and always start back up as soon as I can. Normally only have 20-30days down time between grows. And I do outdoors every year that I can. Started outdoors 2 years ago and still getting the hang of it.. I started my plants to late both times. But that's just something you have to figure out as the time goes on.

wow that is a amazing that you make your own soil. and ill search that name. but i guess for my first real grow i wont do Hydro probable a better way for you to connect/understanding on your plant and growth. and yea i seen a few ways to create a carbon filter. But haha that is so funny that you can smell them what types do you have growing outdoors/closet? I'm really excited to get started but i need to save for quality stuff any good nutrients suggestions? i might make my closest into a grow room since it darn big hahah
Logan-20110925-00051_1_.jpg

wow that is a amazing that you make your own soil. and ill search that name. but i guess for my first real grow i wont do Hydro probable a better way for you to connect/understanding on your plant and growth. and yea i seen a few ways to create a carbon filter. But haha that is so funny that you can smell them what types do you have growing outdoors/closet? I'm really excited to get started but i need to save for quality stuff any good nutrients suggestions? i might make my closest into a grow room since it darn big hahah https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/Logan-20110925-00051_1_.jpg

I'm currently growing some TGA sour diesel and Jillybean outdoors. and In the closet I have 2 Pitbull which is indica dom 80/20 split. I prefer to grow Indica indoors after one experience I had with a set of sativa dominant plants growing to large in my closet I ended up having to flower them earlier than I wanted and trim them a lot. Humidity also was an issue with that much plant in a small grow space.

That closet is good size too. You could easily grow 6 plants in there if you choose. One thing your going to have to worry about is light leaking though. The way I am taking care of it is I have 2 thick sheets over both closet doors which I simply fold up when I need to get into my closet. Works very well IMO I can sit in there and there is no Light coming in.

oh wow tell me how that TGA smokes haha ... so what plants do you prefer to grow indoors? and so if use my closet as a grow room all i should buy is a black sheet covering door and claps to hold it up when i want to go in? whats a good light to use? a whole set up?

oh wow tell me how that TGA smokes haha ... so what plants do you prefer to grow indoors? and so if use my closet as a grow room all i should buy is a black sheet covering door and claps to hold it up when i want to go in? whats a good light to use? a whole set up?

I prefer Indicas indoors they stay much squatter and get really bushy. And your going to need to have a reflective surface too the sheets I use are just to keep light sealed in. As for a light Id go with a digital ballast.. U can find good cheap ones on amazon.com I've been using mine for a year with no problems.
LEDwholesalers GYO2002 4-Piece 400 Watt Hydroponic Reflector Grow Light Set
I use the ballast that comes with that set but I have got A yeild master 2 reflector and replacement bulbs. Somebody will probably come in here and tell you don't buy it but from my experience its worked perfectly fine. Its also fulfilled by amazon so If the ballast stops working you can email their support team and get a partial refund for your purchase. I've had to do this with other items and they are very fair with how much they give you.
do you have a journal on here?

Nope I might make one once I get my plants vegged up a little but I'm not sure yet.

wooh them are pricey 200 or am i looking at wrong lights hahah.... but it will be worth it all after i have some good trees. would you say i can grow sour diesel in closet? where do you get your seeds?

wooh them are pricey 200 or am i looking at wrong lights hahah.... but it will be worth it all after i have some good trees. would you say i can grow sour diesel in closet? where do you get your seeds?

I buy clones so I don't have to deal with the germination and possibility of male plants. I buy them from a local club in San Jose. To bad they all have to close in 30days. I'm hoping the ones I go to will be one of the 10 allowed to reopen. If not I have to drive to San Fransisco or Oakland to get good bud..

And you can grow any strain inside. The sativa dominant stains just grow bigger quicker. I guess if you train the plants and don't have to many you should be fine.

damn that sucks your lucky you have card. and Im sorry Im not to familiar with some terms. is there a way you can buy clones online as stupid as that sounds hahah... I want to save money and use my closest but I might have to go all out and buy a package a tent and so on.

how did you go about getting yours?

Went to a doctor who specifically gives out your documentations. They do a 10min exam and your out the door with your card. I have anxiety and depression problems so alls i really had to do was bring in my medical history saying I've been on other medications and such. I know the place I went to doesn't require that but some places do.

Its really easy to get if your in cali.. Just make sure you get your state card and not a county card. There's a BIG difference.

Back
Top Bottom