Grow tent questions

HutchBenedict

Hi, I'm a new grower with a closet grow. The width of the closet is 32" and about 5' deep.

If I had a 2' x 4' would I be able to get into the tent via the 2 foot side? I've never actually seen a grow tent :)

If I went for the 27" by 27" Mars-Hydro would I have enough clearance? Is 5" enough?

Thanks

Good to ask before you buy. No, you can't get into the 2' side of a 2' X 4' tent. A tent 27" square will hold one large, or four smaller plants. Tents 5' tall and under are best used for veg, seedlings, cloning, and SCRoGs. You lose about a foot to your containers, a foot and a half for the space between your light and the canopy, and 9" for an LED light, and the cooling space above it. It only leaves about 21" for your plants.

Thanks Old Salt, good info but I guess that rules out a 2 x 4.

I'm wondering if 2.5" between the closet wall and the tent is enough clearance? I don't have anywhere to vent the exhaust except out of the tent and into the closet if that matters.

Blew, I think I need a tent in order to effectively use a charcoal filter to remove the hoped-for stink. I'd like to be wrong about needing a tent.
I just posted on your grow journal....are you worried about the smell in the house or that the neighbors can smell? You can carbon filter the closet and vent either into the attic, basement, or through a window. If the closet has a solid door that will keep the light out...tent's main advantages are controlling light and odor.

Back
Top Bottom